Upgraded to U69 Grand Suite on Ecstasy.

Chathamite

Just got the "upgrade fairy" call who offered to upgrade us to a "Grand Suite" on on February 17th sailing on the Ecstasy. Party of 3 people. Seemed liked a decent deal so we grabbed it--it was the only Grand Suite left apparently. My understanding is that this particular room is also considered a handicap accessible room. Does anyone else have any particular details about this room? 4 days to go before we set sail!

This is the information from the GoCCL site. It lists the amenities for the cabin.

Ecstasy / Sensation / Fascination

Grand Suite with Large Balcony – Category GS

· Total Square Feet = 400 (stateroom: 330 square feet / large balcony: 70 square feet)

· U69 U70 U73 U74 U75 U76 U79 U80 U83 U84 U87 U88 U103 U104 U107 U108 U111 U112 U114 U115

•Flat-screen television with remote control

•Audio/Video Input plate: for guests to connect and view their DVD/Video source through the TV

•Telephone

•110 AC current

•Individual climate control

•Refrigerator on FA EC SE IS IM EL (not stocked)

•Minibar on FS PA (stocked)

•The bathroom has a combination shower/whirlpool tub (excluding U74 on FS / excluding U69 on IS FA EC EL PA SE IM)

•Hair dryer (EC FA FS IM IS only)

•Sitting area consists of a sofa, arm chairs and a coffee table (excluding U74 on FS / excluding U69 on EC EL PA SE IM)

•Twin beds convert to king configuration

•Walk-in closet (excluding U69 on IS FA EC EL PA SE IM)

•Safe in closet is 6"w x 4.5"h x 5"l

•Extended balcony (ES) - the rail has a clear Plexiglas panel and consists of 3 patio chairs and a small table

•Large balcony (GS) - the rail has a steel solid panel and consists of 2 patio chairs and a small table

This is the information from the GoCCL site. It lists the amenities for the cabin.

Ecstasy / Sensation / Fascination

Grand Suite with Large Balcony – Category GS

· Total Square Feet = 400 (stateroom: 330 square feet / large balcony: 70 square feet)

· U69 U70 U73 U74 U75 U76 U79 U80 U83 U84 U87 U88 U103 U104 U107 U108 U111 U112 U114 U115

•Flat-screen television with remote control

•Audio/Video Input plate: for guests to connect and view their DVD/Video source through the TV

•Telephone

•110 AC current

•Individual climate control

•Refrigerator on FA EC SE IS IM EL (not stocked)

•Minibar on FS PA (stocked)

•The bathroom has a combination shower/whirlpool tub (excluding U74 on FS / excluding U69 on IS FA EC EL PA SE IM)

•Hair dryer (EC FA FS IM IS only)

•Sitting area consists of a sofa, arm chairs and a coffee table (excluding U74 on FS / excluding U69 on EC EL PA SE IM)

•Twin beds convert to king configuration

•Walk-in closet (excluding U69 on IS FA EC EL PA SE IM)

•Safe in closet is 6"w x 4.5"h x 5"l

•Extended balcony (ES) - the rail has a clear Plexiglas panel and consists of 3 patio chairs and a small table

•Large balcony (GS) - the rail has a steel solid panel and consists of 2 patio chairs and a small table

Just curious if I can call Carnival and request one or two extra chairs and a coffee table to be added to the room before embarkation? These items are absent so as to create a "free path" for wheelchair guests. However, my mother only needs the wheelchair for long distances. She can walk short distances perfectly fine, so will not be using the chair in the room...

Just curious if I can call Carnival and request one or two extra chairs and a coffee table to be added to the room before embarkation? These items are absent so as to create a "free path" for wheelchair guests. However, my mother only needs the wheelchair for long distances. She can walk short distances perfectly fine, so will not be using the chair in the room...

I am not sure about that request. I would just wait until you board and ask your room steward. They probably do not have extra inside furniture available to do that. If you call they will probably just tell you no.

This info is off Cruise Deck Plans and it does not show his cabin as being handicapped on the Ecstasy. According to their website it is handicapped on the Inspiration and the Fantasy.

Imagination – Fascination – Elation – Paradise – Sensation - Ecstasy

Cabin U69 GS 330/70 = 400 sq ft

Beds: twin/king-double sofabed / trundle bed cabin connects to: U67 (EC FS IM SE)

View: window and large balcony balcony partition connects: no

Features: TV; telephone; 110 AC current; individual climate control; safe; refrigerator (not stocked); hair dryer (EC FS IM); shower/whirlpool tub; walk-in closet; sitting area: sofa, armchairs and coffee table

Smoking permitted on balcony only (effective 12/01/11)

Inspiration - Fantasy

Cabin U69 GS 330/70 = 400 sq ft

Beds: twin/king-single sofabed /trundle bed cabin connects to: U67

View: window and large balcony balcony partition connects: no

Features: TV; telephone; 110 AC current; individual climate control; safe; refrigerator (not stocked); hair dryer; roll-in shower; 3-closets; sitting area: armchairs, sofa and coffee table

Note: Cabin is fully accessible for wheelchair users on: IS FA - See ‘Suite Amenities’ for details

Smoking permitted on balcony only (effective 12/01/11)

This info is off Cruise Deck Plans and it does not show his cabin as being handicapped on the Ecstasy. According to their website it is handicapped on the Inspiration and the Fantasy.

Now I am confused because Carnival's website clearly describes this room as being modified for wheelchair use. Go to "Deck Plans", entire "U69" in the "Find your Stateroom" box and read the description of the room and carefully look at the picture they provide. Unlike the other Grand Suites, there is no mention of a sofa/tables/chairs, and there clearly aren't any visible in the picture. Just a desk chair.

http://www.carnival.com/cruise-ships/carnival-ecstasy.aspx

Now I am confused because Carnival's website clearly describes this room as being modified for wheelchair use. Go to "Deck Plans", entire "U69" in the "Find your Stateroom" box and read the description of the room and carefully look at the picture they provide. Unlike the other Grand Suites, there is no mention of a sofa/tables/chairs, and there clearly aren't any visible in the picture. Just a desk chair.

http://www.carnival.com/cruise-ships/carnival-ecstasy.aspx

I went to Carnival and checked it out. Maybe cruise deck plans is out of date. I tried to find some pictures of the actual cabin but was not able to. You will love the cabin. We were upgraded to an extended grand suite on the Ecstasy 2 years ago and had a great time.

I am not sure the difference between the "Grand Suite" and the "Owners Suite" on the Ecstasy (or any other ship for that matter) but my SIL stayed in the "Owners Suite" last June on the Ecstasy and she had a horrible time. The AC barely worked, the bathtub's water was brown, the room steward did not clean the room good (she staged some candy rappers and they did not get cleaned for 4 days) and other issues. On the other hand we were on the same cruise and has impeccable service staying in an OV room. I would definitely cruise on the Ecstasy again and we are booked on the Breeze in April (not my SIL). It was our first cruise so it left a bad taste for her, but we had the time of our lives! Have a good trip!!!

Congrats!! The Grand Suite on this ship is the best cabin you can be in--lots of room for one thing. U-deck is just one deck below the lobby deck--fairly convenient.

The so-called Owners Suite is huge by comparison. However, it is located at the top of the atrium on Spa Deck. There are only two of these cabins up there--S1 on starboard side and S2 on the port side. They each have a small balcony but your view from it is blocked by a lifeboat. These cabins generally go for more than $4,000.00. Previous poster is correct--little AC gets up that far and the water comes out a brown color. Others on CC have complained about steward service for these two cabins as well. Although they are really nice on the inside, you are basically isolated from the rest of the ship in these cabins. Unless you are a lone wolf and don't get out much, these are defintely not worth the high price. From Lido deck, look up to see blacked-out windows that wrap around from one side of the ship to the other and that's where these two cabins are located. They are not shown on deck plans and you can only book them by calling a PVP.

Here's hoping you enjoy your Grand Suite. Bon Voyage!

I am not sure the difference between the "Grand Suite" and the "Owners Suite" on the Ecstasy (or any other ship for that matter) but my SIL stayed in the "Owners Suite" last June on the Ecstasy and she had a horrible time. The AC barely worked, the bathtub's water was brown, the room steward did not clean the room good (she staged some candy rappers and they did not get cleaned for 4 days) and other issues. On the other hand we were on the same cruise and has impeccable service staying in an OV room. I would definitely cruise on the Ecstasy again and we are booked on the Breeze in April (not my SIL). It was our first cruise so it left a bad taste for her, but we had the time of our lives! Have a good trip!!!

"She staged some candy wrappers that did not get cleaned for 4 days" Lol:D:D:D

Glad I only pay inside prices:D

Did she need therapy after the cruise:D

I went to Carnival and checked it out. Maybe cruise deck plans is out of date. I tried to find some pictures of the actual cabin but was not able to. You will love the cabin. We were upgraded to an extended grand suite on the Ecstasy 2 years ago and had a great time.

what kind of room where you booked in prior to the call?

We were booked in E210--aft cabin on the Empress deck. Got the upgrade call and took the offer... $300 more. What the heck.

I was in that suite the year of the "Hurricane sandy " thing...stayed out at sea an extra day!....I got that suite BEFORE I knew it was handicap suite....at the time they advertised a table and 2 chairs...Someone else had said to beware that there would be none!..i printed out the details that stated there would be...I wasn't going to pay extra for the suite and not at least have a table and 2 chairs!!...we boarded the ship and sure enough no table..no chairs...i went to guest services and nicely told them I needed table and chairs...that the reason i even booked it was to entertain other guests...They were very nice and dug on a table from somewhere, and also asked how many chairs...I told them just two....They have since changed and clarified the description of the cabin because of that..

The door is a pain in the you know what..it closes extremely slowly..it's an electric door...you can pull it closed but your arms will hurt by the end of the cruise...Would i take the cabin as an upgrade for no extra money...YES...would i pay extra for it or the same price as a regular suite...NO...

Just got the "upgrade fairy" call who offered to upgrade us to a "Grand Suite" on on February 17th sailing on the Ecstasy. Party of 3 people. Seemed liked a decent deal so we grabbed it--it was the only Grand Suite left apparently. My understanding is that this particular room is also considered a handicap accessible room. Does anyone else have any particular details about this room? 4 days to go before we set sail!

Unfortunately, this is not the "prime time" grand suite on this ship...we were almost suckered into the same upgrade...however, having sailed on this ship many times, and had the room steward give me a quick tour of the cabin, my DW said that no way would she ever stay in that cabin, even if it was free...it would be great for someone that is wheelchair bound, but that's it

Unfortunately, this is not the "prime time" grand suite on this ship...we were almost suckered into the same upgrade...however, having sailed on this ship many times, and had the room steward give me a quick tour of the cabin, my DW said that no way would she ever stay in that cabin, even if it was free...it would be great for someone that is wheelchair bound, but that's it

What was so bad about this cabin??

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

:eek:

:eek:

I use to work in the hotel industry. U would be surprised how many ppl do this AND how many times they discovered inefficient (for a lack of better words) housekeeping.

A few years back the upgrade fairy called us for the Penthouse suite on the Imagination, we took it (as we originally had an inside cabin on empress deck) The room was HUGE! The bathroom was huge with a huge jacuzzi tub, really big bed room with walk in closets and vanity area and a separate living area and all ceiling to floor windows and a balcony (but obstructed view from a life boat).

Well , it was nice to try but we would never do it again, the running deck was right above us and all those healthy people that like to get up at 5am and run were up there every morning and woke us up every morning LOL!! It looked out over the lido deck , the curtains were lined with heavy black out drapes so you could close them and have complete darkness in the room if you liked.

Our room stewart was awful! We never saw him and he was not very accessible , we had to ask several times for ice and to fix the remote for the TV. It was fun to do ONCE to say we did it (and besides it was only a couple hundred dollars more then our inside cabin costs) so it was a GREAT deal, but would not do it again.

We are sold on the SPA decks of the bigger ships, just love them!!!!

A few years back the upgrade fairy called us for the Penthouse suite on the Imagination, we took it (as we originally had an inside cabin on empress deck) The room was HUGE! The bathroom was huge with a huge jacuzzi tub, really big bed room with walk in closets and vanity area and a separate living area and all ceiling to floor windows and a balcony (but obstructed view from a life boat).

Well , it was nice to try but we would never do it again, the running deck was right above us and all those healthy people that like to get up at 5am and run were up there every morning and woke us up every morning LOL!! It looked out over the lido deck , the curtains were lined with heavy black out drapes so you could close them and have complete darkness in the room if you liked.

Our room stewart was awful! We never saw him and he was not very accessible , we had to ask several times for ice and to fix the remote for the TV. It was fun to do ONCE to say we did it (and besides it was only a couple hundred dollars more then our inside cabin costs) so it was a GREAT deal, but would not do it again.

We are sold on the SPA decks of the bigger ships, just love them!!!!

Thanks for sharing. I have never received a call from the upgrade fairy, but now I know to be cautious about the offer. Lol

• 10 months later...

We are on the Imagination on 2/8/2015 and we were in a modified cabin E-56 but my dad needs a full handicapped cabin, so they moved us to U-69. Anyone have pictures of the cabin U-69? what are the perks of having these cabins,if any?

Thanks ahead of time for any help