Carnival's Cake Flavors

sch2380

Hello ladies!

I'm hoping some of you girls can help me out. I'm getting married of March 3, 2014 and am working on submitting my cake request now. We will have two layers, and were told we could do a different flavor/filling for each tier. However, they all sounds delicious...

I am a sucker for Bavarian, but I'm wondering if its worth the upcharge. I have had Bavarian is the past that wasn't as great as some others. My fiancé wants one tier to be chocolate with vanilla filling...he said this sounds like hostess cupcake to him, which he loves. So, I'm on a toss up for the other layer. I was thinking vanilla cake with Bavarian cream and real strawberries..but that's two upgraded fillings. :rolleyes:

Do any of you guys have suggestions? Anything you got that you loved...or didn't love. And I'm interested if anyone out there has tried the Bavarian cream filling? Is it more of a whipped consistency or more of a pudding-ish consistency like in Boston Cream Pies/Cakes. I'm a good ole southern gal who loves her some pudding... :p

I apologize if this has been asked in the past, but I have tried the last two days to search the forums and keep getting a message that the search feature has been disabled. I've also tried google, and see a lot of stuff concerning the other cruise lines' cakes, but nothing on Carnival. I just keep finding tons of stuff of Carnival themed weddings - as in fairs and funnel cakes...LOL...not quite what I need.

Any help or advice - I would love. Too bad I cant have a twenty tier cake with all of the flavors...yummmm....cake. (And it'll probably be a cake I wont get but ONE taste of...haha)

I like the idea of his cake lol.... I just sent my cake form in and we decided on chocolate cake with fresh strawberries and cream icing. We thought about upgrading but for the amount of guest we have (20) and the allotted amount of time ( we did deluxe reception) we didnt think it would be worth upgrades, only because we feel the guest would be satisfied with what ever we choose. Plus expectations would be Really high if I upgraded.

Good luck! Im sure anything you choose will be perfect!

• 3 weeks later...
My daughter & her husband just got chocolate & vanilla cake, with cream cheese filling. It was sooo good, they also offered it every night at dinner on the cruise.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

That's exactly the flavor we ordered! Glad to hear it was yummy. :)

• 1 month later...

We're getting a 3-tier cake. The bottom layer will be red velvet with cream cheese filling, the middle layer will be marble with chocolate filling, and the top will be vanilla with strawberry filling. I've never heard anything about the Bavarian filling, so I can't help there.

I hope the cake is as good as everyone says. :D

• 2 weeks later...

So we're planning on 50guests so that says 3 tiered cake, to avoid the $50 upgrade (even though I LOVE fresh strawberries) we are doing Coconut cake w coconut filling, then marble with chocolate filling & Vanilla cake with strawberry filling. That way theres something everyone will love. I love coconut so that was my pic, my fiancé loves marble so that was his & we both like strawberry so it was easy, compromise & we're good =)