Booking While Onboard

Djford75

Thanks for all that are helping to answer my question. :)

Since it seems it may not be possible on all ships, does anyone have any firsthand experience doing this on Valor?

That will be our next sailing and since we have a "future family cruise in the works", this would be an awesome way to book it if possible!!

The Valor does not have a future cruise desk. We checked last April since we wanted to book 2 rooms for the Dream. There are a few more that don't have it either.

Also, please be really careful when booking and how you book.. The person at the desk, whom I wont name on the Liberty last week, was giving out so much incorrect information I felt like screaming at her...

Hmmm, I booked our 2015 Sunshine cruise while on the Liberty last month & also got some incorrect info from the Future Cruise Desk person. She told me I could share my Friends & Family offer with as many people as I wanted, but could only give me two brochures since she had so few on board. I found out otherwise once I read the brochure at home...and had already mentioned the offer to MANY family members.

Definitely good advice to read up before you book while onboard!

Edited by mackatty

Does anyone know if the Elation has a future cruise desk? I haven't even been on my first cruise and I'm already thinking about our next one because this one will be just me and DH and I'd like to do a cruise with our kids next.

And is the OBC you receive in total or per person?

Thanks.

Hmmm, I booked our 2015 Sunshine cruise while on the Liberty last month & also got some incorrect info from the Future Cruise Desk person. She told me I could share my Friends & Family offer with as many people as I wanted, but could only give me two brochures since she had so few on board. I found out otherwise once I read the brochure at home...and had already mentioned the offer to MANY family members.

Definitely good advice to read up before you book while onboard!

The loyalty person on Liberty made a mistake on our B2B for 2015. I had wanted to book Military on both cruises and change to ES after I returned home and verified something. She booked Military on the 1st one and ES on the 2nd one. She did not do this while I waited as there was a lineup on the 1st full day. She sent the completed reservation to my cabin and I DID NOT verify that everything was correct. She did have the correct cruises booked with the same cabin and prices were correct.

However, I didn't discover (further in the contract) that one was Military and the other was ES. I discovered this when I called my PVP to have them changed to ES.

Lesson learned - VERIFY everything when you receive the paperwork. Wonder if I would have had any problem having her change it on the ship after I discovered her error.

I will be on the breeze in March and I already know I will booking a cruise on the freedom for June 2014..

I will be using cruise certificates to pay for the cruise. Does anyone know if I will be able to bring the certificates with me to pay for it?? When I have used these certificates before they say I have to call and book then send my certificates in certified mail... I would like to take advantage of OBC if I can..

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Used to have a future cruise certificate that you could use to book at your leisure when you get back home.

Now you have to book on board. The people on board seem to be woefully untrained and give out tons of incorrect info.

We booked a future cruise on the Freedom last December. I must say that our FCC representative (Geoff), he not only helped us with an issue but was also very informative and helpful with setting up a new cruise.

But I too miss the future cruise certificate... :)

Steve

We booked a future cruise on the Freedom last December. I must say that our FCC representative (Geoff), he not only helped us with an issue but was also very informative and helpful with setting up a new cruise.

But I too miss the future cruise certificate... :)

Steve

When we tried to do it they quoted a higher price than what was on the website just before we walked over there.

Asked him to check the website and he looked at me like I had two heads and refused to do so.

Others have said that many of the people working their not the sharpest knives in the drawer

When we tried to do it they quoted a higher price than what was on the website just before we walked over there.

Asked him to check the website and he looked at me like I had two heads and refused to do so.

Others have said that many of the people working their not the sharpest knives in the drawer

All I can say is "wow"... certainly not a good representative of the company. I also had all of the information I was looking for (cabin, price, date, ship) and it came up exactly what I expected. Geoff even mentioned that the cabin we chose (forward, interior, window) was one of the best interiors to have and also showed us other ships and the best cabins on them. So I guess we were fortunate to have a good FCC rep.

Steve