Not too young, Not too old

rafel3

So I (21) am looking to go on a cruise with my brother (18) and mother (50s) and am trying to decide ship/line. We want to do a 3-4 night to the Bahamas. The only problem is the reviews I have read either classify ships as "family friendly" (no kids here, not really needed) or good for the "older croud" (I'm 21 and dont want to be surrounded by old ppl). So we are looking for a happy medium. The brother is satisfied with a pool but I want a line that has good clubs and bars for people in their 20s. Any suggestions?

I'd go with Royal Caribbean or Carnival. (Sorry I don't know which specific ships do the Bahamas but its easy to find out on their websites)

But keep in mind that when you go can be as important as which line you are on. If you go mid-Oct there will be an older crowd. If you go during Spring break or summer it will be a more lively crowd.

Also no matter when you go there will be families & children.

Edited by hansolosmom

I agree with the poster above. Carnival and Royal have a young fun crowd with bars, sing a long karaoke and late night shows into the wee hours. And if you avoid summer time and holidays when schools out there shouldn't be too many kids. When I went on Princess and Norwegian everything started closing down not long after ten pm. :( I loved the laid back relaxed feel and was very rested after that trip, but I missed the younger funner crowd on Carnival and Royal. ;)

I think any of the 3 main lines that do the Bahamas short cruises would be fine (Royal Caribbean, NCL, or Carnival). I would probably recommend Royal or NCL over Carnival for this route because they stop at their private island. On the 3-day, Carnival just has a day at sea, but on the others, you get to enjoy the beach for a day. Royal has some good bands and DJs playing throughout the evening, and bars, parties on the pool deck, etc.