Military Rates

tellmelies

Has anyone booked with the Disney Line with a military discount? I see that they are offered sporadically and kind of last minute. I didn't know if it would be worth waiting to see if any military discounts will be offered on a seven day through the Caribbean? Thoughts? Thank you all!

Jaems

Has anyone booked with the Disney Line with a military discount? I see that they are offered sporadically and kind of last minute. I didn't know if it would be worth waiting to see if any military discounts will be offered on a seven day through the Caribbean? Thoughts? Thank you all!

Jaems

Personally if you want a cruise and a date I would book it as soon as you can you could cancel up to your paid in full date so if out before then you could cancel. They however often come out later, now if your flexible on dates and want to go off season you may get a deal on these rates but otherwise it's a bit of a lottery.

Edited by DISNEY FANTASY

The last time we were able to use military rate on DCL, we had to cancel and rebook, forfeiting our deposit since it was after final payment. That said, we still saved a bunch and got balconies rather than oceanviews.

Book what you want ... no guarantees that an offer will he available. If you are lucky, maybe a military discount will be available before your PIF date.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

When did y'all cruise when you received the military discount? Also, if you don't mind me asking, what was the price difference? The cruise I have my eye one is a seven day Caribbean on the Fantasy leaving in October. I'm just not sure how the crowds will be then. Thank you!

The last time we were able to use military rate on DCL, we had to cancel and rebook, forfeiting our deposit since it was after final payment. That said, we still saved a bunch and got balconies rather than oceanviews.

Book what you want ... no guarantees that an offer will he available. If you are lucky, maybe a military discount will be available before your PIF date.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Early October tends to be low season and one sees special offers. If *GT rates are available, these can be less costly than military rates--you just have to keep looking.

As to crowds, DCL tries to always sail with the ship full or as full as they can get it. If it isn't booking at regular prices, they offer various specials including military rates. What does change is the age group of the kids on the ship. When most of the schools are in session (think right after Labor Day), you will see lower rates and lots of toddlers on board. When schools are off, you'll see more older kids. And the special rates tend to follow the concept of schools being in session.

Many schools have a "fall break" or teacher conference time toward the end of October, so those cruises tend to fill more than the early October ones. And the entire fall season is slow as people are concerned about "hurricane season." We LOVE September cruises and have only been negatively impacted once due to a storm.