Single ROS Booking

RMS Olympic

How does a single run of the ship booking work? Do they assigne the cheapest cabin and then as things fill up if they can sell the cheapest they move you up a category to free up the double occupancy cabin requested by another person? And continue to do so? If they did and then could sell the higher priced cabin....then what do they do with you?

Any explanation would be appreciated.

Tom.....Seabourn curious.

Tom:

I'm not sure how it works, but others might chime in here. When I booked my April 9 '06 trip I asked for the 110% single supplement availability, and I didn't ask more questions once they said that was available by email; I just booked it.

I should have asked what "Run of the Ship" meant, but I was just happy that the single supplement was available. Probably a call to their toll-free line would clarify; and, if you call, post the info!

Anxiously awaiting April...

Paul ;)

Is there a difference in price between "run of the ship" and "guarantee?"

Lefty Bob

Not that I know of--when our adult daughter travels with us, i request "Single run of the ship fare" she is confirmed with a GTY (guarantee) status--usually about 30 days prior she will be assigned a room--it can be any category--but she is guaranteed an A1 suite--usually she is assigned an upgrade to an available suite close to the one I have booked. Its a good deal--we pay 110% of the A1 fare--any up grade she gets is fine--the only difference in suites is the French balcony, which is nice, but no big deal!

Quoting from their brochure:

There are two types of single occupancy fares that are sometimes, but not always-and-forever, available on Seabourn cruises.

Single Savings allows yoou to book single occupancy of a particular suite at 175% of the double occupancy per-person fare.

Run-of-Ship Single Savings guarantees single occupancy of a suite in Category A or better for rates that vary from 110% to 150% of the Category A double-occupancy fare. They pick your suite usually about 30 days prior to departure, but may be earlier. As the ship fills, the rate goes up.

Both of these are "capacity-controlled" meaning that they only allot a certain number of suites for this type, and once those are gone, it's flat 200% for single occupancy.

bgood

Paul, I postsed this in another thread, but can we email off here about Macs? I want a new one. Thanks!

BGOod..

Has the new RSW airport opened? I used to go to FT Mers every other weekend, my parents lived at Shell Point, after moving from Naples. I still have friends there and go occasionally.

Jane

janepondatprodigydotnet

Paul, I postsed this in another thread, but can we email off here about Macs? I want a new one. Thanks!

BGOod..

Has the new RSW airport opened? I used to go to FT Mers every other weekend, my parents lived at Shell Point, after moving from Naples. I still have friends there and go occasionally.

Jane

janepondatprodigydotnet

Jane,

The new airport was supposed to open July 20, 2005 but is behind schedule. They have not set a new opening date as of yet.

mcboo

Archived