Beaches

Kristalght

Ok...so, lots of options and I'm having problems choosing. I know there's the Boatyard and Harbour Lights and Lobster Alive. Not sure about the Boatyard. I think it's a lil too much party for us. We just want pretty water, chairs, bathrooms and food. One thing I did like about The Boatyard was going snorkeling with Neville. Any one have suggestions?

Grab a taxi to accra/browns beach. About a mile further is Coconut Court hotel. The guard will set you up with wristband, beach chairs, shade or sun bathrooms. NO CHARGE. You can walk for a mile in each direction on the beach. 2 for 1 drinks from noon to 1PM. Was there last week. Cheap and nice. The taxi driver should know about this place- quiet and nice!!

Grab a taxi to accra/browns beach. About a mile further is Coconut Court hotel. The guard will set you up with wristband, beach chairs, shade or sun bathrooms. NO CHARGE. You can walk for a mile in each direction on the beach. 2 for 1 drinks from noon to 1PM. Was there last week. Cheap and nice. The taxi driver should know about this place- quiet and nice!!

We are doing the chocolate tour so can't head to the beach until 1pm-4pm. Is that enough time to make it to Accra?

Ok...so, lots of options and I'm having problems choosing. I know there's the Boatyard and Harbour Lights and Lobster Alive. Not sure about the Boatyard. I think it's a lil too much party for us. We just want pretty water, chairs, bathrooms and food. One thing I did like about The Boatyard was going snorkeling with Neville. Any one have suggestions?

Don't worry about Boatyard being a big party place during the day. Really, it's not.

At Boatyard a young couple on the ship with us ask us to watch their camera, etc. while they took a snorkel tour and to take their things back to ship with us (exchanged cabin #'s ) if we left before they returned.

We were there upon their return and they had a great time. Their big deal was swimming/snorkeling with lots of sea turtles.

LuLu

~~~

We really enjoyed our day at the beach in front of Lobsters Alive. Walked from the cruise port to the city bus terminal and in no time we were at the beach. Fee for umbrella and chair included a wonderful rum punch drink. After we'd got our fill of the sun and sand we walked all the way back through downtown to the cruise port. One of our favourite beach days ever!