St Kitts Train excursion or private tour?

bizeemom4

I am thinking of booking the train tour in St Kitts through Carnival. Has anyone hired a private tour service for a tour of the island that would cover the same areas? I'm trying to decide which is better. I want to see the black sand beach and the old sugar plantations. What else is there to see and which tour would you recommend?

Depends on how many people in your party. We had 4 and we just went to the taxi area and told them we wanted to go to the Brimstone Hill fort. Got a go who said he would give us a tour too for cheaper than the train would have been for all of us. I have done the "private tour" thing a couple of times and I think you get a more person point of view on the island than from the mass tour's.

Forgot to say that if you want to try the taxi/private tour things, when you get off the ship and go through the pier entrance gates walk to the right side and behind the shops.. that is where the taxi stand area is. There is a sign that lists the fare to several places