Early Saver question

ViolaSwamp

Hello.

We sail ONE WEEK from today - hooray! :cool:

A couple of days ago I noticed the fare for our exact cabin type was $55 less than I paid for it with Early Saver. I emailed my travel agent and asked him to submit the form so I could get this as OBC.

He said Carnival would not grant OBC because it was after final payment and too close to sailing?

I have never booked ES rates before and it seems odd to me that I can't get OBC right up until sailing if the rate has gone down from what I paid. I cannot determine clearly from the documents whether this is right. Can someone please advise? It's "only" $55, so not a HUGE chunk of change, but enough to buy a few beverages! :p

Hello.

A couple of days ago I noticed the fare for our exact cabin type was $55 less than I paid for it with Early Saver. I emailed my travel agent and asked him to submit the form so I could get this as OBC.

He said Carnival would not grant OBC because it was after final payment and too close to sailing?

I have never booked ES rates before and it seems odd to me that I can't get OBC right up until sailing if the rate has gone down from what I paid. I cannot determine clearly from the documents whether this is right. Can someone please advise? It's "only" $55, so not a HUGE chunk of change, but enough to buy a few beverages! :p

I would tell the TA to submit the form or do a 3-way call with Carnival so you can hear them tell you it isn't allowed. I think the TA is wrong.

This TA is not doing his job. If you're booked ES you can submit for a price drop up to 2 days before you sail.

Seems like he doesn't want to shrink his commission. Time to ditch him and move on....

This. You can submit price drops up to 2 days before sailing.

This TA is not doing his job. If you're booked ES you can submit for a price drop up to 2 days before you sail.

Seems like he doesn't want to shrink his commission. Time to ditch him and move on....

This. You can submit price drops up to 2 days before sailing.

Agreed, you have up until 2 days before sailing. Call your TA and back ask for it again.

The answer I got from the TA was:

"The new promotion to get that rate is called "The more the merrier" which does not honor early saver rates. I am just relaying to you what was told to me by Carnival. I am very sorry I cannot override their decision."

Is this legit?

Thanks.

"The new promotion to get that rate is called "The more the merrier" which does not honor early saver rates. I am just relaying to you what was told to me by Carnival. I am very sorry I cannot override their decision."

Is this legit?

Thanks.

This is not true. I just sailed the Breeze last month and was booked Early Saver. I added my grand daughter to my reservation. They switched my room to a 3 person cabin and gave me the more the merrier rate. I would never use this TA again.

Is this legit?

Thanks.

Just two days ago I called and got the more=merrier rate through my early saver booking.

Hello.

Do you have at least 3 in your cabin? You would need that to qualify for that particular rate...

Just trying to think why CCL would tell him it didn't qualify for the price drop