One Day to see Best of PR - Help?

GTR

My family of four is flying into San Juan a day before we board the Valor for the southern caribbean. We are going to rent a car at the airport and would like to take a tour of the island. We are into active activities such as hiking, snorkeling, and kayaking. We will be stopping at St. Thomas, St. Kitts, St. Martin, Barbados, and St. Lucia on our cruise so we will have opportunities to do some of these activities on those stops. What are the 1-2 sites/activities that are a must see in Puerto Rico? Also, where would be a good place to stay away from San Juan and OSJ....closer to the hiking/snorkeling/etc.? Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...
My family of four is flying into San Juan a day before we board the Valor for the southern caribbean. We are going to rent a car at the airport and would like to take a tour of the island. We are into active activities such as hiking, snorkeling, and kayaking. We will be stopping at St. Thomas, St. Kitts, St. Martin, Barbados, and St. Lucia on our cruise so we will have opportunities to do some of these activities on those stops. What are the 1-2 sites/activities that are a must see in Puerto Rico? Also, where would be a good place to stay away from San Juan and OSJ....closer to the hiking/snorkeling/etc.? Thanks.

I have been doing quit a bit of searching for what to do in Puerto Rico. Since I will be going about 3 times this year I have found that for what you are interested in I would stay out east in Farjado (bio bay, kayaking, close to El Yunke) Second choice would be the Copamarina resort (it looks awesome and has excursions right from the resort).

On my first visit I will stay in OSJ , I want to visit the old city and easier to get from hotel to the ship.

My second trip I will stay at the Copamarina resort down south. I too will be renting a car, too expensive to be transported but the resort looks great. Good luck