Carnival Pride deck 8?

crazy4violets

We would like to cruise on the Carnival Pride in May. We would get an interior room. Planner said he could upgrade us to deck 8. I know Lido deck would be above us. We would either be under the gym area or under the pool area. some people like deck 8. Has anyone ever been on deck 8 on the Pride? any noise, complaints?

We would like to cruise on the Carnival Pride in May. We would get an interior room. Planner said he could upgrade us to deck 8. I know Lido deck would be above us. We would either be under the gym area or under the pool area. some people like deck 8. Has anyone ever been on deck 8 on the Pride? any noise, complaints?

Our PVP told us never to book deck 8 cabins on Spirit class ships. Hence we've had 7220 on both Miracle and Pride, and have it booked for our Legend cruise.

I would definitely not be under the gym as I've read that the staff uses the equipment all night. As for under the pool area, I've read that the deck chairs get set up very early.

Is deck 7 an option? You'd have cabins above and below.

We had 8228 and 8230 on the Pride, back in April of 2012, and we had zero issues with noise. OR, if we did, it didn't phase us. We sleep like ROCKS.:rolleyes:

Very convenient deck, though....

Let us know what you decide. Enjoy!:D

See if there are any 4k cabins available. They are priced similarly to the insides, but they are the size of a balcony room & have french doors for sunlight.

Other than the 4k cabins, we have been in an inside on the 6th floor on the Pride.

Our first cruise was on the Spirit and we were in cabin 8190 and it was extremely noise. We have never booked again on the deck below the Lido deck.

See if you can get a Lido deck cabin. It's one of our favorites.

Pride does not have cabins on the Lido Deck.

We always book Lido Deck as it's also our favorite' date=' but, alas, on the Spirit Class ships we book Veranda.[/color']

Our first cruise on Pride we were in 8177, which I booked bevcause I didn't know any better.:o Lots of chair-scraping noise from above at all hours, especially the wee hours when the crew was cleaning Lido Deck. Never again.

Since then, we have booked on Deck 6 and Deck 7, in Balcony and Ocean Suite, and really prefer those decks.

Our last cruise on Pride, though, we took an upsell to an Ocean Suite on Deck 8: 8271. It is AFT, so under the Serenity Deck. No noise from that, but because it is AFT, there is a lot of other noise from all the extra vibration: squeeks and creaks and bangs and clangs from things in the wall, outside the cabin, and furniture and fixtures in the cabin. But this is AFT noise, not Deck 8 noise, so could happen on any deck.

I'm with the others here, unless your current Interior is in a similarly undesirable part of the ship, or you're being upgraded to a Suite or a Balcony from an Interior, and consider the risk of noise 'worth it' for the upgrade, I would not take an "upgrade":rolleyes: to Deck 8.

Cabins above and below and not too close to an elevator lobby is a good rule to go by for your best chances of quiet.;)

Happy sailing on the Pride!:)