Was anyone on the fascination July 11-15 2005?

janet612

If you where, did anyone see the cuban refugees on a raft sailing to Florida? Our ship was doing some turns while I was in my room. I was wondering what was going on when I looked out my window and saw the rafters out there. We sail every year and never saw anything like this. All the passengers where running with their cameras and videos at the deck. The rafters did not want any assistance at all according to Weeee Jimmy the CD. When did they have the time to talk to the rafters? Who knows. I surely didn't see any communictions between the rafters and the captain. I know RCCL got a bad rap last month when they saw some cuban refugees out in the ocean and passed right by them and didn't do anything to communicate with them to see if they needed assistance. I guess CCL didn't want the same thing to happened to them that is why they turn around and stop. But how could they had communicated with them if they didn't go out to the rafters? Who knows..

Archived