Winter cruising = rough seas??

CruiseGirl3434

We have only cruised in the fall and this February (12 days!!!) we leave on the Victory! I was reading a lot of negative reviews about the waves being rough and the weather being bad??:cool: I will enjoy it either way but wondering how true this is from past experiences? I just dont want to be seasick!:o

I would think from Miami, not bad. However, out of NYC, on the Splendor...:eek::eek::eek: That would be an interesting ride....:rolleyes: The ship that just left on Thursday, during that monster storm, was bobbing up and down like CRAZY!!!

We've cruised in April, May, September, October, November and December. The roughest of those being in November, but it was also our only trip to the eastern Caribbean. We've always felt more motion on smaller ships and the "roughest" I mentioned was on the dream. So, the seas must've really been rough to feel that much motion on the big ship. I was very glad to be on a big rather than little.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We have only cruised in the fall and this February (12 days!!!) we leave on the Victory! I was reading a lot of negative reviews about the waves being rough and the weather being bad??:cool: I will enjoy it either way but wondering how true this is from past experiences? I just dont want to be seasick!:o

Was on Victory Jan 20 sailing, had smooth sailing, I have done Dec, Jan, March, never had a problem.

I was on the Jan 20th Splendor sailing out of NYC to Florida/Bahamas. Even though it was snowing and bad weather up and down the East coast, the seas were not rough. It was a nice 8 days at sea. I am sure we were lucky this week as I have heard the seas out of NYC are usually more on the rough side.:cool:

I normally cruise out of NY and have hit some rough seas and gone through some wild storms headed South, the last being Hurricane Sandy on the Miracle on 10-28-12. I've been lucky not to get seasick so I can actually enjoy it, but surprisingly going through the hurricane was a bit calmer than a bad storm we had gone though a couple of years before on the Miracle. There were 2 or 3 times the ship leaned a little too much to one side and I thought it was going to keep going. That was pretty scary.

Take Dramamine or Bonine, or get the patch from your Dr as opposed to trying to fight it after the feeling happens.