Annoying

After spending 5 minutes listening to Dolly Parton on repeat and with a call costing me 10p a minute, i eventually got through to a Thomson advisor who had obviousely had a long day as he must have sighed at least 5 times during our 2 minute conversation. He then told me i couldnt book my cabin with him as id booked instore! What difference does it make? A booking is a booking isnt it? Their loss cos i was going to upgrade as well, but now i cant be bothered and ill just take my chances!

yep...if you book in store you cant make any changes to your booking....they have to do it?...I went into the thoms store recently to book our cabin, they made the call, they got put on hold too, after a couple of minutes TA helpfully said 'why dont you go shopping or something and we will book your cabin for you and you can just pop in on the way back for confirmation'

ok...great....sez I...I'll just nip in the pub opposite...smiles

came back an hour later to be told 'yes the cabin you requested is available but we didnt book it as we need to inform you that there will be a booking fee'

yes...I know that...sez I

TA gets on phone again...gets put on hold again...after a few minutes... see above

came back from the pub opposite again about an hour later to be told that they hadnt booked the cabin we wanted as it had now been taken:eek:

OK...sez I can you book another on the same deck?

TA gets on phone again.....see above

came back another hour later (by this time it was getting dark and i had had 3 pints in the pub)

sorry can you come back tomorrow ...cabin booking line is now closed!!:mad:

Grrrr....why cant we just call them ourselves from the comfort of our own mobiles?

Totally agree about Dolly Parton; I'll start screaming if I hear " Islands in the Stream" for many months to come! When I originally got through, the recorded message stated that my call should be answered within 6 minutes which I thought was acceptable, so stayed on the line. Whilst, I can quite understand that one can't know exactly how long a call can take, I got to the stage where I thought that I would carry on till I got through (had tried before, but gave up after hearing how long the waiting time was) and was finally talking to someone after 21 minutes. Can anyone beat that discrepancy in time?

yep...if you book in store you cant make any changes to your booking....they have to do it?...I went into the thoms store recently to book our cabin, they made the call, they got put on hold too, after a couple of minutes TA helpfully said 'why dont you go shopping or something and we will book your cabin for you and you can just pop in on the way back for confirmation'

ok...great....sez I...I'll just nip in the pub opposite...smiles

came back an hour later to be told 'yes the cabin you requested is available but we didnt book it as we need to inform you that there will be a booking fee'

yes...I know that...sez I

TA gets on phone again...gets put on hold again...after a few minutes... see above

came back from the pub opposite again about an hour later to be told that they hadnt booked the cabin we wanted as it had now been taken:eek:

OK...sez I can you book another on the same deck?

TA gets on phone again.....see above

came back another hour later (by this time it was getting dark and i had had 3 pints in the pub)

sorry can you come back tomorrow ...cabin booking line is now closed!!:mad:

Grrrr....why cant we just call them ourselves from the comfort of our own mobiles?

Hi Geo after booking a super cabin last year on deck 10 as you know,

it was not upgraded to platinum,so this time I'm taking a chance they put us in somewhere better without paying to book cabin.

We got outside plus deck 5/6 i expect they will put us on 5 as not paid to book, but lets hope they are all platinum upgraded.

;)

Even if you book with Cruise Deals you can't book the cabin yourself. You have to talk to the operator who goes across the room to the cabin girl,(who knows which cabin you want because you've just been talking to her;)) she comes back and confirms, you pay, all done! Two phone calls instead of one.:confused::(

Hi Geo after booking a super cabin last year on deck 10 as you know,

it was not upgraded to platinum,so this time I'm taking a chance they put us in somewhere better without paying to book cabin.

We got outside plus deck 5/6 i expect they will put us on 5 as not paid to book, but lets hope they are all platinum upgraded.

;)

hi grab...afaik the deck 10 cabins have still not been fully upgraded to platinum but all the deck 5/6 ones have

I do balk at paying the cabin booking fee but tbh...I do pay to book a cabin now...after being put at the back of deck 5 once...v noisy/vibrations at the back of deck 5 (by that white space on the deck plan)

you should be ok taking a chance with a plus cabin as they are all midships:cool:

Edited by geomagot

After spending 5 minutes listening to Dolly Parton on repeat and with a call costing me 10p a minute, i eventually got through to a Thomson advisor who had obviousely had a long day as he must have sighed at least 5 times during our 2 minute conversation. He then told me i couldnt book my cabin with him as id booked instore! What difference does it make? A booking is a booking isnt it? Their loss cos i was going to upgrade as well, but now i cant be bothered and ill just take my chances!

I had the same experience when trying to book my shore excursions recently. I'd emailed Thomson's asking if I could book them online even though I'd booked the cruise instore and was told I could, but despite the email I received saying they were on sale when I tried to book them they were unavailable.

Called through to their centre to book them instead and the guy on the end of the phone seemed to be the most fed up man in the world. Constantly sighing down the phone, going silent for ages at a time (while probably only 10 seconds but when you're on the phone it feels like minutes) only for him to then tell me I couldn't book them online or on the phone and I'd have to do it instore.

In all honesty it just sounded like he couldn't be bothered doing it himself.

Ugh,,I booked my April Souks and Sangria in a Thomson shop this week because the stupid website wouldn't do what I wanted it to do! Does this mean that I will have to book my shore ex's in the shop as well then? Most annoying if true.

Ugh,,I booked my April Souks and Sangria in a Thomson shop this week because the stupid website wouldn't do what I wanted it to do! Does this mean that I will have to book my shore ex's in the shop as well then? Most annoying if true.

Think you will be able to book excursions online ok. We book with the other Thomson site over the phone and can always get into the excursions site afterwards. You just need your Thomson booking ref which will give you access rather like the online flight seat reservations although you do sometimes have to wait up to 48 hours for the system to recognise you. .