Cabo Beach Horse Ride

igraf

Has anyone gone on the "Beach Horse Ride" HAL excursion in Cabo San Lucas? This is the one were you are driven up the coast to a ranch and the ride is along the beach. I would like to know if this is a strictly a head-to-tail single file ride or would my wife and I be able to ride side by side and wander around a little bit. Also, are helmets required?

I am a very experienced horse rider and would not want it to be too constrictive. I don't expect to run the horses but I would like a little freedom as we go along.

I am posting this here instead of the port forum as there are several different horse riding excursions in Cabo.

Thanks,

igraf

Edited by igraf

I have no experience with the offerings from HAL, but when I was in Cabo in January 2013, we stayed in San Jose del Cabo (Just up the road from San Lucas) at the Holiday Inn. Right near our resort was a horse riding outfit.

They took a slow, leisurely pace, occasionally getting up to a trot, possibly a bit of a gallop. No one was wearing helmets and they had no definitive side-by-side or single file. It did allow for some great photography opportunities though!

739875_10152442248965297_1750017973_o_zpscb2bb9b2.jpg

Edited by Aegis1984

Thanks for the reply.

Princess has what appears to the same excursion and the link to their video caused my concern. One reviewer was disappointed and described it as shown in the video. If the cruise companies are imposing these restrictions then I will book through an independent excursion company.

http://www.princess.com/excursion/exlistfordestination.page?portid=SJD&t=M&exType=S

So I am hoping to hear from anyone who actually went on the Holland America "Beach Horseback Ride" in Cabo San Lucas.

igraf

I have no experience with the offerings from HAL, but when I was in Cabo in January 2013, we stayed in San Jose del Cabo (Just up the road from San Lucas) at the Holiday Inn. Right near our resort was a horse riding outfit.

They took a slow, leisurely pace, occasionally getting up to a trot, possibly a bit of a gallop. No one was wearing helmets and they had no definitive side-by-side or single file. It did allow for some great photography opportunities though!

Edited by igraf

The horseback riding ranch used by HAL near Cabo San Lucas is "Carisuva" located next to the El Migrino dry wash. Amazing what one can find out on the web.

Unfortunately, a person from the ranch did confirm that the ride is a single file slow walk for the most part with mandatory helmets. It is also during the hottest part of the day due to HAL's port schedule. I'll pass on this one. Probably best to book an independent horseback ride to avoid these unreasonable liability restrictions.

igraf

Edited by igraf