Itinerary Changes Excursion Refunds?

Aerobic1

With all the hurricanes and changes in itineraries, I am curious about whether to book an excursion on my own prior to the cruise. We leave on our honeymoon cruise on 8/21 on the Elation. If they change our port and we go through an independent can we get a refund if we wind up in a different port?

Also how do I determine how many ships will be in port on a set date? Can somoene provide me with a website?

Finally since it is our honeymoon, should I let Carnival know? I heard that it will entitle us to a wedding cake on the first night of dining and that would be special.

Appreciate everyone's good advise and ideas here.

L

Most of the places to book independant shore excursions that I have found on various places on these boards require a $20 deposit per person. They say they refund if you notify them 48 hours prior to your tour time but that just might not be possible. There's a chance you can lose $40 but that's much better than the entire cost of the tour. We were looking into two different excursions in two different ports. For two adults, first one was $249 and the second was $299. Independantly, it's $125 and $180 for the same tours.

I would much rather chance losing the $40 deposit than pay that much more for the same excursion.

If you book through the cruiseline and they cancel the port you get a full refund. As for independent ones, you will have to read the fine print as above many request a deposit which is not refunded. Some other will refund if the ship does not make it to port (don't want bad press).

Yes, do tell Carnival that it is your honeymoon.

Archived