Carnival Pride June 1-8, 2014

t8te

My husband and I just booked on the Carnival Pride leaving Baltimore on June 1. Any other LGBT folks going? Would be great to chat with you here, but more importantly, we hope to see you at the FoD events on board!

Tom

• 1 month later...

Hi Tom,

We just booked the cruise too.... Mike and Corey here, 28 and 33 yrs old. We have been together for about 4.5yrs and this will be our 5th Carnival Cruise. Really looking forward to it and it'll be nice to meet you guys.

Just wanted to let you know there will be some other gay guys on board :)

Mike

Hi Tom,

We just booked the cruise too.... Mike and Corey here, 28 and 33 yrs old. We have been together for about 4.5yrs and this will be our 5th Carnival Cruise. Really looking forward to it and it'll be nice to meet you guys.

Just wanted to let you know there will be some other gay guys on board :)

Mike

Hey Mike,

Great to hear that there will be some family on board!

Chuck and I are both 48, together 19 years in August. This is our 5th cruise too. 4 have been on Carnival and one Atlantis.

If you're interested in the regular "roll call" you can find it here: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1940553&goto=newpost It's not been very active, but there has been some chat, and there is going to be a meet and greet on the first sea day.

Are you planning any shore excursions? So far, we've only planned a Segway tour at Grand Turk. We probably won't plan much else for now. We're more about the sailing and relaxing than getting up early to get off the ship ;-)

If you want to connect otherwise, feel free to drop me a line at tmiller410@hotmail.com

Tom (and Chuck)

Hi Tom,

Cool, sounds good. Thanks for the reply. Busy day today so it took me awhile to reply.

Awesome that u guys have been together for 19yrs!

Haven't planned any excursions and I'm not sure that we will. Most of these locations just seem to have really nice beaches and some snorkeling options...so if we did book something, it would be snorkeling in Grand Turk or Half Moon Cay...not sure though. We mostly just enjoy going to the beach and relaxing.

I'll send you an email as well. Talk to ya soon

Mike

Hi Tom,

Cool, sounds good. Thanks for the reply. Busy day today so it took me awhile to reply.

Awesome that u guys have been together for 19yrs!

Haven't planned any excursions and I'm not sure that we will. Most of these locations just seem to have really nice beaches and some snorkeling options...so if we did book something, it would be snorkeling in Grand Turk or Half Moon Cay...not sure though. We mostly just enjoy going to the beach and relaxing.

I'll send you an email as well. Talk to ya soon

Mike

Great to hear from you, Mike. Hopefully others will see this thread too!

Tom

• 3 weeks later...

Hey Guys,

Add another couple to the tally for June 1. Shawn & Austin here. So far, we've booked a cabana for Half Moon; not sure on the other ports yet. I'm sure we'll see you guys on baoard! Enjoy!

Shawn

Hey Guys,

Add another couple to the tally for June 1. Shawn & Austin here. So far, we've booked a cabana for Half Moon; not sure on the other ports yet. I'm sure we'll see you guys on baoard! Enjoy!

Shawn

Excellent! If not before hope to see you at a Friends of Dorothy meeting!

Where are you frome?

Yeah, sounds good. We're from Huntington, WV.

Chuck and I (both 48) are in Reston, VA just outside of Washington, DC. Although only an hour or so from the port, we're going to go up to Baltimore and stay over on Saturday so we can leave our car with the hotel while we're gone.

Chuck and I (both 48) are in Reston, VA just outside of Washington, DC. Although only an hour or so from the port, we're going to go up to Baltimore and stay over on Saturday so we can leave our car with the hotel while we're gone.

Excellent! It's my pleasure to meet you guys. I'm 34 and Austin is 21, we've been together for about 14 months now. I think we're going to stay over night in Baltimore the night before the cruise as well; I haven't fianlized the plans yet. Looking forward to the "get-away"!

Edited by Medic_7

Excellent! It's my pleasure to meet you guys. I'm 34 and Austin is 21, we've been together for about 14 months now. I think we're going to stay over night in Baltimore the night before the cruise as well; I haven't fianlized the plans yet. Looking forward to the "get-away"!

We are looking forward to it too. Thought we've been doing a lot of traveling, it's been more familly oriented, so we're looking forward to relaxing - and getting Chuck off of his work email ;-)

We are staying at Home2Suites in Baltimore. I don't recall the price, but it wasn't bad considering they keep your car for 7 nights at no additional cost. We have to pay for one additional night since Saturday adds a night.

Tom

We are looking forward to it too. Thought we've been doing a lot of traveling, it's been more familly oriented, so we're looking forward to relaxing - and getting Chuck off of his work email ;-)

We are staying at Home2Suites in Baltimore. I don't recall the price, but it wasn't bad considering they keep your car for 7 nights at no additional cost. We have to pay for one additional night since Saturday adds a night.

Tom

LOL.. I understand... leave that work crap at work! Good deal, I'll look into it as well... Thanks

LOL.. I understand... leave that work crap at work! Good deal, I'll look into it as well... Thanks

Yeah, that's my favorite part of cruising - he truly disconnects from work, which is rare for him.

Hey Chuck, nice to hear from you. Looking forward to meeting u too! Can't wait to be on the cruise

Welcome to Shawn and Austin too... It'll be cool to meet u guys as well.

Less than a month and a half away, sweet!

Let's have at least six at the first Friends of Dorothy meeting! I'm convinced when people don't show is because they don't see enough of a gathering when they "cruise" the venue to see if they should join in. Maybe this will be like our 2010 Carnival Triumph cruise. We started with about a 10 and had at least 15-20 the last night of our 5-day cruise!

Hey Chuck, nice to hear from you. Looking forward to meeting u too! Can't wait to be on the cruise

Welcome to Shawn and Austin too... It'll be cool to meet u guys as well.

Less than a month and a half away, sweet!

Thanks for the welcome Mike! Yes, we're looking forward to meeting you guys as well.

Let's have at least six at the first Friends of Dorothy meeting! I'm convinced when people don't show is because they don't see enough of a gathering when they "cruise" the venue to see if they should join in. Maybe this will be like our 2010 Carnival Triumph cruise. We started with about a 10 and had at least 15-20 the last night of our 5-day cruise!

Yes, I agree. Sounds good. Looking forward to it.

Hi, Shawn and Austin! Good to meet all of you!

Hope everyone had a good weekend, and a good Easter, Passover, or whatever spring holiday applies. :)

I can't believe it's only 6 weeks until the cruise! Very excited here!! As Tom mentioned, my job is crazy, and it's so good to disconnect for a while.

Hi, Shawn and Austin! Good to meet all of you!

Hope everyone had a good weekend, and a good Easter, Passover, or whatever spring holiday applies. :)

I can't believe it's only 6 weeks until the cruise! Very excited here!! As Tom mentioned, my job is crazy, and it's so good to disconnect for a while.

Likewise Chuck and Thanks! I can relate... Disconnect ='s leave the country...lol I'm on the countdown as well.

• 2 weeks later...
Under 30 Days! Are you guys doing the Early or Late Dining? We have the Early.

Great question! We do late dining. We are late risers so tend to eat a big meal at lunch time so we wouldn't be hungry by early dinner.

Less than six weeks!!!

And now less than 4! Wow - can't believe it will be here so soon...and I can't wait!

Any thoughts on shore excursions? We just have one at Grand Turks for a Segway tour.

Tom