R. Runners and OB Liquor Sale?'s

scuddles

We haven't cruised in a few years. We were actually searching a 7 day for next year when I received the free cabin offer so we extended our spring break for this year. We'll book the 2015 cruise on this SB trip.

In the past we have used the small rum runners and just packed one or two in each bag. This was in San Diego and Long Beach. How are these ports now as far as looking for alcohol? Also do they have the liquor sale on the 4 day cruises? If so, is it still usually the first night? And lastly, Do they still offer the inflatable travel covers for your bottles for flyers?

Any tips would be appreciated. Last time we were on the Spirit we purchased 11 bottles at the sale, but we drove home to WA. It is so expensive to drink in this state that anytime we get a chance to get a sale we take advantage of it.

It's hit and miss with getting caught. If you're leaving out of Long Beach, they are very stinky about bringing booze on board in your suitcase. We talked to plenty of people who had their booze confiscated. Only thing you can do is try. Good luck!

RR in suitcases, bad. However runners on your person, ok. Last I checked you go through a metal detector, not an xray machine.. I always buy 2 or 3 bottles of rum in ports, but always plastic bottles so I can stick them in baggy pockets.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

last time i purchased liquor onboard, they still had the bubble/inflatable wrap for your bottles to purchase.

we didn't do that. instead, we packed the bottles in giant zip loc bags, and padded them with our clothing down inside the box they delivered to our stateroom. we packed the boxes inside of our suitcases. i always leave extra space for all the stuff we buy...including our liquor.

p.s.

if we give away all the ways to sneak on liquor, then we'll not be able to continue it. the cruise lines read these boards too.

last time i purchased liquor onboard, they still had the bubble/inflatable wrap for your bottles to purchase.

we didn't do that. instead, we packed the bottles in giant zip loc bags, and padded them with our clothing down inside the box they delivered to our stateroom. we packed the boxes inside of our suitcases. i always leave extra space for all the stuff we buy...including our liquor.

p.s.

if we give away all the ways to sneak on liquor, then we'll not be able to continue it. the cruise lines read these boards too.

Thank you, we pretty much handle it the same way you do.

I wasn't so much asking how people were doing it but if it was still going on. Basically is it still worth the try. At $75 a pop to have a bottle delivered to the cabin. It is still worth it.

Thanks for the update on the bubble bags. We did those on our first cruise because we flew and didn't want to chance it.

pbsteve

RR in suitcases, bad. However runners on your person, ok. Last I checked you go through a metal detector, not an xray machine.. I always buy 2 or 3 bottles of rum in ports, but always plastic bottles so I can stick them in baggy pockets.

just my opinion but--that would be having open alcoholic beverages in the terminal. i tried once to google if that was allowed and didn't find anything after i came back from a cruise with a alcoholic in our group who insisted on drinking from a sport water bottle filled with vodka in the terminal while waiting to board.

Edited by CruiseScrooge
clarity

Every time I buy rum runners, I give them away to someone cruising before me. I have purchased liquor and mixers twice before from BV (flew into ports), and it was much less of a hassle with the pre purchase and having them in my cabin when I arrive. I will be using RR sometime this year, and have just purchased a set.