Cavetubing.com KUDOS

skidad

We were part of the 3 July Carnival Miracle trip to the Western Caribbean and I highly recommend that you check out Cavetubing.com before you book your reservation through the cruise line. This is a first rate company whose guides Jimmy and Junior looked after, educated, and entertained our group from the minute they met us at Pier 1. Its also about half the price you'll pay through the cruise booking. Our van was A/C, clean, and safe to store valuables. The first part of the ride is paved highway and takes about 45 minutes to get to the site; the last 6 miles is like driving on the surface of the moon but the vans are actually better equipped for this part of the ride than the tour busses. All along the way Junior told stories about life and culture, pointed out landmarks and generally kept us entertained and educated about life in Belize.

Once at the site, we donned headlamps and tubes for approx 20 minute walk through a jungle pathway. There too Junior and Jimmy pointed out various items of interest and generally engaged in friendly chat with all in the group. We finally made our way to the starting point where you could either wade into the water or take an 8 foot jump into the pool. It was great and completely safe. Junior and Jimmy kept a close eye on the entire party throughout the trip and made sure that all were together and safe without being too over protective. The time on the water is approx 90 minutes and is totally enjoyable. The caves are tremendous and are easy to navigate and time is slow enough to let your mind wander at some of the stone formations. All in all this is a low stress and high enjoyment day that is appropriate for all.

There has been a recent rash ofposts re cave tubing, by persons that have never posted before and registered moements before writing up the cave tubing expereince. There are two other posts on the board, such as this. I beleive this post is not from someone that was on Carnival that took this tour and is by someone trying to advertise.

See..http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=207893

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=207326

If I am wrong I apologize - however, I recently replied to one of these posts and it was for a "sale" for cave tubing.

Just FYI...

ThereseF

You'll need water shoes or sandles that strap on..don't take flip-flops for the tubing portion. I'd also recommend taking bug spray for the jungle walk. Misquitos were pretty bad at the entrance to jump-off point.

On our July 3rd Miracle cruise 20 of us went cave tubing through cave-tubing.com. While Yanni was not our guide, he met us at Terminal 1 just like he said he would, we were all able to get on the first tender off the boat. Yanni then introduced us to our guides Junior and Jimmy. Junior and Jimmy were fabulous. For the one hour trip to the caves he talked all about Belize and Belize City, and was able to relate to all of us b/c he has visited the States before. The bus was nice and air conditoned and they had coolers of bottled water for us.

While hiking to the caves Junior and Jimmy took time to show us the interesting plants and flowers along the trail.

We ended up doing an extra 2 caves more than the people booked through Carnival and when we met up with them they were all disorganized and some of them looked worried out of their mind b/c they had no guide within a 100 feet of them.

Our experience was wonderful, we tipped Junior and Jimmy graciously. For half the price of Carnival we got and experience worth double.

I highly reccomend Cave-tubing.com. Yanni is a great tour operator and our tour guides Junior and Jimmy were one of a kind.

Archived