Birth Certificate only lists one parent

Raindrops27

Sailing March 30th on the breakaway to bahamas just booked yesterday for our 20th anniversary, I was looking at my birth certificate thinking I should get a expedited passport, well since there are new rules, and my bc only lists one parent, my mother this will be a problem. Now I am thinking will this also be a problem boarding? I called ncl they say bc with one parent listed is fine, but I want to make sure..Has anyone encountered any problems boarding with only one parent listed on bc please be nice I am already stressing out, beating myself up..My mother never listed my father.Tia

Edited by Raindrops27

Sailing March 30th on the breakaway to bahamas just booked yesterday for our 20th anniversary, I was looking at my birth certificate thinking I should get a expedited passport, well since there are new rules, and my bc only lists one parent, my mother this will be a problem. Now I am thinking will this also be a problem boarding? I called ncl they say bc with one parent listed is fine, but I want to make sure..Has anyone encountered any problems boarding with only one parent listed on bc please be nice I am already stressing out, beating myself up..My mother never listed my father.Tia

I agree with previous poster - you'll be fine. I can't see where having only one parent listed on your bc makes any difference at all.

My question to you - what new rules are you referring to?

As of April 1st, 2011, all birth certificates submitted with passport applications must include your parent or parents’ names. So, before you send in your paperwork, take your birth certificate and double-check to make sure that your parents’ names are on the document.

I found this on the internet. Sounds like it could be either/or but doesn't necessarily have to be both parents.

My SIL is single, has two daughters from in vitro with anonymous sperm donor.

No father is listed on their birth certificates and they both procured passports without a problem.

You can still get an expedited with only one parent listed.

As of April 1st, 2011, all birth certificates submitted with passport applications must include your parent or parents’ names. So, before you send in your paperwork, take your birth certificate and double-check to make sure that your parents’ names are on the document.

I found this on the internet. Sounds like it could be either/or but doesn't necessarily have to be both parents.

Just discovered this fact three weeks ago when my wife and I went to apply for passports. Both of of our Pennsylvania birth certificates had no parents listed. I had to apply for new long form BC's from the state. Still waiting for them to arrive so I can apply for passports. Good thing we're not flying to Vancouver until June!

Jim