Fttf

mikem5

Okay, so me and my family have 2 cabins for our upcoming cruise and have 2 FTTF's. My question is do we need 2 when my mom and dad are staying in one room, and me (18) and my sister (15) in the other room. Or since we are under my parents booking do we only need 1?

We had a similar question because my parents and grandmother are in 2 adjoining cabins.

Answer was: 1 per cabin. We even asked about adding grandma to our S&S account (we're in a suite), and they said no dice. Policy change as of about 3 days ago according to the gal on the phone. Closing those loopholes :p

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I guess a policy is a policy, but if it's immediate family it should be changed in my opinion.

I agree with your concept, but think the policy is right. Last year, my family had 4 rooms with a total of 11 people. We had 4 FTTF. If we only had one FTTF for a cabin of 2 - should the other 9 immediate family members really be allowed to join in for free? I don't, but people will always try to push the limits if you let them.

Yeah yeah, haha just makes my dad mad that his own kids wouldn't be able to get on with him if we didn't have a FTTF. I guess a policy is a policy, but if it's immediate family it should be changed in my opinion.

Well technically there has to be a adult in every room over 21 years of age.. That's why it's one per cabin

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Well technically there has to be a adult in every room over 21 years of age.. That's why it's one per cabin

And the rules are clearly stated that you need 1 per cabin. No exceptions noted. If a family in 2 cabins wants to both use FTTF then you need 2 of them. I personally don't think they need to start making exceptions for it because that would keep them from having the numbers boarding under FTTF limited. If I had 2 cabins I would buy 2 of them.

That's true, and I understand what everyone is saying, but if the one cabin is children of the other cabin, then it should be under that booking. When we go to dinner we won't be at 2 separate tables, we will be at one because we are all under the same booking. Same should go for FTTF.

That's true, and I understand what everyone is saying, but if the one cabin is children of the other cabin, then it should be under that booking. When we go to dinner we won't be at 2 separate tables, we will be at one because we are all under the same booking. Same should go for FTTF.

Actually when you have 2 rooms, there are 2 booking numbers so they are separate reservations and you won't be seated together unless they are linked. So make sure that is the case. They don't ask what the relationships are between passengers when you book. 2 bookings = 2 FTTFs.

They are linked because when me or my dad calls and gives the primary booking number the other one comes up, also, I can't make any changes with the booking from my booking number. It's not a big deal, because we will be platinum after this cruise and FTTF is just paying 50 bucks to get the main platinum perks.

They are linked because when me or my dad calls and gives the primary booking number the other one comes up, also, I can't make any changes with the booking from my booking number. It's not a big deal, because we will be platinum after this cruise and FTTF is just paying 50 bucks to get the main platinum perks.

Good. That would be bad if they weren't and you ended up eating at different tables!

I love FTTF. Maybe someday I'll make Platinum, but not anytime soon now that they changed the rules.

Here's my take on FTTF. I'm only going to get it for our next cruise because I like the idea of being able to go and put our carry-ons (we always have them and have always had to lug them all over the place before our cabin is made available) in our cabin as soon as we board. I really could care less about using it just to board the ship early. I've been cruising for years and years and I've never cared about being the first, middle, or last group to board the ship. I consider myself on vacation from the minute we leave our house!:D

I totally agree with the rule that there should be one FTTF for each cabin no matter the relationship between the people in them. It doesn't matter whether or not you're linked to the same account. Some cabins accommodate up to 4 people (that's not including suites which can sometimes accommodate even more people), so why should 8 people be able to board the ship together and only pay for one FTTF. That's goes against the whole purpose of limiting the FTTF boarding privilege. I'll probably be traveling on our next cruise with the DH, DS and his girlfriend. We'll all be linked and we'll be staying in two different cabins but I'm only going to buy one FTTF. If the kids want to board early with the DH and me, they can buy their own FTTF! LOL! If your kids are old enough to stay in a cabin by themselves, then you need to get a separate FTTF for them. If they are youngsters and not allowed to be in a cabin by themselves and require an adult to be with them in their cabin, you still need to get 2 FTTFs. This is just MHO. :)

Edited by mousey

Haha yeah and priority tendering is nice too! Getting off and on the beach quickly! Being 18 first time I can drinking legally at the ports haha wanna get right off! The only thing is that they don't limit them. They were sold out for the cruise I'm booked on and my dad called and asked if any more would ever be added and the lady called and had 20 more added. So they were sold out, then 20 more were added. So there's not really any limitations which is another reason why it's bugging me. But at least they are not charging 50$ a person.

If the kids are directly across the hall or right next door there doesn't have to be a 21+ in the room. I bought FTTF for me and for my 15yo who's the eldest in our kids room.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Haha yeah and priority tendering is nice too! Getting off and on the beach quickly! Being 18 first time I can drinking legally at the ports haha wanna get right off! The only thing is that they don't limit them. They were sold out for the cruise I'm booked on and my dad called and asked if any more would ever be added and the lady called and had 20 more added. So they were sold out, then 20 more were added. So there's not really any limitations which is another reason why it's bugging me. But at least they are not charging 50$ a person.

Drinking is not all it's cracked up to be. Just don't get drunk and arrested in a foreign port..

And vols_159, that would be awful, what happens then you have any idea? Do you get to return to your ship before it deports or are you flown home. I heard on here if you commit any type of misdemeanor or felony (USA) laws at the next port carnival pays for your flight and flys you home. Is that the same for the ports?

And vols_159, that would be awful, what happens then you have any idea? Do you get to return to your ship before it deports or are you flown home. I heard on here if you commit any type of misdemeanor or felony (USA) laws at the next port carnival pays for your flight and flys you home. Is that the same for the ports?

They can leave you in port if you are there or if you do something onboard they can put you off the ship at the next port but I don't think Carnival will be footing the bill for the airfare home. If you break your contract with them I don't think they are going to provide you with anything but help with getting your luggage off the ship and onto the pier. Depending upon what crime you might commit while on the ship you may be held onboard and the US authorities would be waiting for you when the ship returns home.

Edited by Mysticks1

I agree that FTTF needs to be "one for each cabin"....even though I wish it were per family.....because I will have 6 of our kids* on board in 5 different cabins and this could be a REAL cost savings if we only need ONE FTTF. (Heck....maybe I could also link my parents to this group & make it six cabins on one FTTF!!! and my brother & his family??).......kinda gets ridiculous......

(** Yes, some of these are adults but a majority are under 18 and spread out over the 5 rooms). - - And I'm not sure how many will be on the same account.......but I know we're paying LOL!!!!