Wearing disposable gloves at the buffet

SAM527

And NEVER let anyone make you use that sanitizer against your will.

Unless its a hospital.

I would rather loose some good bacteria than expose a very weak immune system to something harmful.

I found a lot of the sanitisers on the Legend to be empty....oops.

I've been looking through threads and didn't find a discussion on this and was wondering if anyone has ever worn disposable gloves to serve themselves at the buffet or anywhere else on the ship? I've never done this or saw anyone else in my travels but thought it might be a good idea, even if it gives someone peace of mind.

I thought about it on our last cruise when we were at the buffet and there was a woman serving herself and then she went walking around to find the people she was with still with the tongs in her hand. It made me think after that, who knows where the tongs ended up and who knows where her hands were.:eek:

If I felt that wearing gloves would be helpful then I would do what makes me more comfortable. I wouldn't let some putz try to tell me what to do. I bet a few of them are the same ones that don't think it is necessary to wash their hands after they go to the bathroom and then go through the buffet. I see this more often than not. If you get sick they won't care.

When the opportunity to safeguard my health is available I will take advantage of it. I may not use gloves but I wash my hands before going through the buffet out of consideration for others and then wash them again before I eat. If someone doesn't like it then they can suck a petri dish of Noro.

Cheers!

Never thought about wearing gloves, good idea but think I would be the object of many stare downs. I do eat in restaurants ALOT and wish that all the restaurants would clean their menus more often than once a decade. Hate to sit down, open a menu and find fresh stains. Sorry for stealing the thread.

Do you ever wonder what happens in the galley when a cook or chef is having a bad day that we don’t see what they do to the food? Or food sent back and return to a guest.

Just the same as any other restaurants we all eat in every day, enjoy your meal.

Hi Athena :)

Ahhhhhhhhhhh, that piece of food dropped on the floor and placed back

onto the plate, or even worse, the server compelled to spit on the food.

It certainly does occur.

HOWEVER, there exists one HUGE difference between a kitchen on a cruise

ship and a kitchen on land; on a cruise ship there are many, many cameras

throughout the galley...

:)