Aft jr suite 1706 freedom of the seas

RHODIEBAMA

Hi all

I am starting a thread on Aft Jr Suite 1706 Freedom of the Seas, although data from her sister ships is great too.

Seeking all photos and data on this Junior Suite.... photos would be great. I am seeking respectful and honest reviews of this cabin.

Thanks fellow cruisers

Shanon Horridge - RHODIEBAMA

Our friends stayed in 1406 and 1706 on the Liberty. They LOVED this room. The balcony is huge. yes there is the structure of the ship, but it really is not a problem. you also do not look directly down into the water, but our friends liked that, they honestly got a little freaked out when they were on our balcony. It didn't bother us because you are looking out not down anyways. We were in 1400 and none of us had any problems with soot or noise. I will post pics of the balcony to give you an idea.

We were in 1704 on Freedom. Not a JS but a D1. Balcony was huge! Room seemed bigger than other D1s too. DS11 liked that she didn't look directly down at the water but rather on our neighbors below. This was a little awkward when they were out and we were too. We wound up talking to them a lot. Kind of like seeing your next-door neighbors when they are out on their driveway and you are on your driveway right next to them. Our trip was very rocky, and we definitely felt it at night. Our cabin steward was wonderful! We enjoyed our aft for the space (room and balcony) but wouldn't book aft again due to the movement we felt at night.

Ok, I apologize, I don't know if this will interest you but we stayed in the corner D1, cabin 1400 a few years back. Here is a link to the video I posted on youtube. Its quite close to the size of a jr suite.

:p

Edited by Esmerelda

Ok, I apologize, I don't know if this will interest you but we stayed in the corner D1, cabin 1400 a few years back. Here is a link to the video I posted on youtube. Its quite close to the size of a jr suite.

:p

THANK YOU SO MUCH! THAT WAS A NICE VIDEO.. We are happy to know that there is an alternative to the price of the Jr Suite.

The 1400 cabin is well known to CC members especially and tends to get snapped up when booking opens. You can always check but booking early helps to get that cabin. We have been lucky enough to have it a couple of times. And have it in Oct. once because someone who had it upgraded and told me they were going to so I was able to call C&A they same morning to change our cabin. We know it as the pole cabin because of the pole right at the foot of the bed. Pole is not in the way but the cabin is larger.