paying for safe on the Dream

that was me :p yes the fridge has a lock & key :cool:....saving £25 (you could have a gourmet meal in the a la carte with that instead)

It is a bit wet in the fridge to keep passports and electrical devices. I paid my £25 for the 2 weeks Jan 14. Last year I locked things in a case, but someone said insurance doesn't cover losses unless you use the safe if one is provided.

It is a bit wet in the fridge to keep passports and electrical devices. I paid my £25 for the 2 weeks Jan 14. Last year I locked things in a case, but someone said insurance doesn't cover losses unless you use the safe if one is provided.

This is true , your insurance will be invalidated if you do not hire a safe that is made available to you in your cabin , should something go missing and you try to claim.

yes this true of some insurance companies

i did a bit of research about this a few months ago

theres an interesting article here

http://www.thisismoney.co.uk/money/experts/article-2471783/Insure-Go-wont-pay-stolen-holiday-cash-I-left-locked-room.html

some companies say that they will not pay out in the event of a claim unless your cash was being carried on your person?!

some insurance companies will also need to see proof that you had the cash in the first place (such as an atm receipt or money exchange slip...the things we usually throw away)

some companies will hint that you were negligent or reckless (ie under the influence of a beer)

its a bit of a minefield

i guess the best advice would be to read the small print of yor own policies

that was me :p yes the fridge has a lock & key :cool:....saving £25 (you could have a gourmet meal in the a la carte with that instead)

Ditto

gill

you can purchase a waterproof wallet for a couple of quid that will keep your passport/money dry

you can purchase a waterproof wallet for a couple of quid that will keep your passport/money dry

or use one of those strip seal bags that they give you (to put your 100ml liquids in) at the airport

or

use one of the (very handy) plastic wallets that thomsons give you when you change money in one of their shops:p;)

Will the steward not have access to the fridge though to change drinks over?

yes I expect that the stewards have keys to the fridges but i dont use any of the mini bar contents, I take all the bottles, the pringles and the nobbys nuts out and the steward takes them away...after that he has no need to go into the fridge