Upgrade Possibilities??

CRUISEMAMMA

I will wish you luck! :) Surely you are not yelling with the caps, probably an oversight? Did you book with a "free upgrade" already? Apparently if so, then unlikely for the upgrade, otherwise, hope for the best, and you are on "vacation" at the least! ;)

We booked an IS guarantee for our 7-31 sailing on the Miracle and have been upgraded to a 5A which is an obstructed view on Main deck with french doors. I know its not a real balcony but at least its something better than what we paid for.:D

On every cruise that we sailed on we went from an 8A gnty and was always upgraded to an 8D except (1) in which we were upgraded to a 9A. We always go with a gnty at time of booking and Carnival has not let us down. :cool:

We are on the Conquest for the 9/18 sailing and have our room assignments. Of the three rooms none of them have been upgraded. :( Is there still a chance or is there usually no upgrades after your room assignments? If anyone could let me know when you received your upgrade then I might have something to look forward to.

As of right now we do not know our room assignments. Most likely won't know till we get to the pier. Only once did we know our room assignments and found out it had been changed. Didn't find out till we checked in at the fun pass counter. It did take till 10 PM to receive all of our luggage. That was our 1st cruise on the Victory. Keep your fingers crossed there is always a chance of an upgrade. Enjoy your cruise.:cool:

We are on the Conquest for the 9/18 sailing and have our room assignments. Of the three rooms none of them have been upgraded. :( Is there still a chance or is there usually no upgrades after your room assignments? If anyone could let me know when you received your upgrade then I might have something to look forward to.

I'm assuming since you already have your assignments, that you didn't book guarantees? A guarantee is what increases your chance of an upgrade... you generally don't get your cabin assignment until you get your docs a few weeks out, or when you get to the pier. If you booked an assigned cabin, the chances are much less that you will get upgraded.

We booked an inside guarantee on the Miracle for 7-31 and we have had our cabin # (with a nice upgrade) since a couple of days after final payment was due (which was 5-22).

Some people do get their docs soon after final payment... I think there are some TA's that seem to be able to do this. If the assignment is printed on your docs, regardless of when you get them, that is generally your assignment... so to the poster that asked the question... if you have your docs and that is your assignment, then you are probably stuck with it... hope you enjoy your cruise!!!

I actually found my room assignment on the Carnival site by doing what so many wonderful people have shown us. Going to the book modify and clicking on it. I haven't received any documents yet and i did book it as a guarantee. I think I am just destined for the rooms we were assigned. I am sure whatever we end up with we will enjoy. Anything is better than being at home working!!

Then those were actually "cabin placements" not assignments... you have not received anything official from Carnival, and many times people do the sneaky way of finding out their assignment only to find it change... you could still be upgraded and you will find out when Carnival actually assigns your cabin... good luck!!!

I actually found my room assignment on the Carnival site by doing what so many wonderful people have shown us. Going to the book modify and clicking on it. I haven't received any documents yet and i did book it as a guarantee. I think I am just destined for the rooms we were assigned. I am sure whatever we end up with we will enjoy. Anything is better than being at home working!!

Thank you GoinCruisin, you have been a huge help. There still is hope for us then. I didn't realize this was a "placement" and not a final "assignment". I am excited to get my docs now. No wonder so many people do the "doc dance" Hopefully we will get them soon. Only 52 days to go!!!! Thanks again

We booked a 4A guarantee on the Imagination for 8.25.05. We received docs and had room assignment for 4B. Room is printed and luggage tags for deck aft are included. I have booked gty 4 other times and this is the first had room assignment with docs. I called PVP and asked why and if still could get upgrade ---- told him would rather be put back to 4A gty and take chances. He said I could still get upgrade and he couldn't reverse back to 4A gty since "the cruise coordinator" has already assigned. I'm not too happy with the 4B location ---- first time I have not been happy with a gty location. Any one have any suggestions?

Mom,

I'm embarking the Conquest as you debark! We sail 9/25 and I too found out my assignment via the "sneaky ways". I've looked through the carnival web site and see there are still cabins of higher category available...I'm crossing my fingers too. Be sure you post when you get your docs cause I'll be looking for mine around the same time you get yours LOL!

Archived