My Freedom Review - Kinda "Live" but not really with lots of pics

sayvan

We would experience some more great views along the road back to Philipsburg.

DSC_0524-67.jpg

DSC_0525-68.jpg

Anguilla off in the distance

DSC_0527-70.jpg

some old abandoned homes...

DSC_0529-71.jpg

and then we were back in Philipsburg. Now at this point of the tour you could either get off the bus or take it back to the ship. We decided that we would get off the bus at this point and then head to the beach and grab some lunch... so that's exactly what we did....

DSC_0531-73.jpg

I will be back later to continue our day in St. Maarten.

After our tour we headed for the beach and some lunch. Great Bay Beach is just up the road from the where the ships dock. It's walkable but you can take the water taxi as well. I think the walk would be about 15 minutes or so. The area is actually very nice with a boardwalk, lots of shops and restaurants. We hadn't had any lunch yet, so we decided to stop at a bar called the Blue Bitch Bar.

DSC_0532-74.jpg

DSC_0533-75.jpg

After some lunch we decided to head over to the beach where we found a couple of lounge chairs and an umbrella. Immediately, we were greeted by a local guy who was in charge of the area we were in. The rental of the chairs and umbrella was $15 for the day and then for another $10 we got a bucket of (5) beers and some water. The afternoon was set.

DSC_0534-76.jpg

DSC_0535-77.jpg

Vanda was very happy while we waited for our drinks and food in the Blue Bitch Bar

DSC_0537-79.jpg

The Bar also offered the bucket deal....

DSCF1569-81.jpg

Some more shots from our afternoon...

DSCF1570-82.jpg

There were quite a few ships in port this day... 6 I think. Freedom and Dream from Carnival, Oasis of the Seas, Norwegian Sun, Westerdam and Celebrity Reflection.

DSC_0539-84.jpg

This was a Pirate Island it would appear..

DSC_0540-85.jpg

DSC_0543-88.jpg

The beach was stunning...

DSC_0544-89.jpg

DSC_0545-90.jpg

Some fellow passengers I assume enjoying the warm waters of St. Maarten.

DSC_0546-91.jpg

Vanda getting her Vitamin D...

DSC_0547-92.jpg

DSC_0548-93.jpg

Me taking a little stroll in the waters... ships in the background

DSCF1571-94.jpg

Another panorama...

DSCF1572-95.jpg

After awhile on the beach we then ran into Mike and Jerilyn again so we all hung out for a bit on the beach and then we made our way to the Hard Rock Café for a snack and another margarita...

Honeymoon5355-1.jpg

After the Hard Rock Café it was time to get ourselves back to the ship and get ready for the night and sailaway. We made our way to the water taxi and started the journey back to the dock area. It's about a 10 minute ride, give or take.

The beach area where we were from the water taxi

DSC_0552-99.jpg

The building in to the far left in this shot is where you get the water taxi...

DSC_0553-100.jpg

DSC_0554-101.jpg

Mike and Jerilyn.. the happy newlyweds

DSC_0555-102.jpg

I love Palm Trees...

DSC_0556-103.jpg

DSC_0558-105.jpg

we were now approaching the docks....

DSC_0562-109.jpg

and back on land...

DSC_0564-111.jpg

DSC_0565-112.jpg

DSC_0568-115.jpg

of course you always have to take a picture in front of the port sign..

DSC_0566-113.jpg

and to make sure you get the shot perfect you always want to take more than one.... hey wait...it looks like Cruise Critic Member Delta Dear photo bombed my picture... I hope she and her husband enjoyed being in St. Maarten

DSC_0566-113photoshop.jpg

Prior to getting back on the ship we stopped to dance a little with this Steel Drum band

DSC_0569-116.jpg

Freedom looking good...

DSC_0571-117.jpg

I was amazed at the size of this queen of the seas... I mean Oasis...

DSC_0572-118.jpg

almost back onboard...

DSC_0573-119.jpg

DSC_0574-120.jpg

Once back on board we went to freshen up and well have a little cat nap. As a result of the nap, we missed the sailaway.. so after getting a brief second wind we headed up to the martini bar for some pre-dinner drinks... however we remained tired from a very busy and fun day..

DSC_0584-122.jpg

DSC_0587-125.jpg

We then went to dinner and to be honest I can't recall what we did next.... whatever it was my camera did not record the evening.... I am going to surmise that the reason for that was the many beers and margarita's on the beach in St. Maarten and then of course a couple of Martini's prior to dinner... well you get the picture. We called it a night and when we returned to our room this was waiting for us...

DSC_0589-127.jpg

That's all for today so see you all in St. Thomas tomorrow....

we were now approaching the docks....

DSC_0562-109.jpg

and back on land...

DSC_0564-111.jpg

DSC_0565-112.jpg

DSC_0568-115.jpg

of course you always have to take a picture in front of the port sign..

DSC_0566-113.jpg

and to make sure you get the shot perfect you always want to take more than one.... hey wait...it looks like Cruise Critic Member Delta Dear photo bombed my picture... I hope she and her husband enjoyed being in St. Maarten

DSC_0566-113photoshop.jpg

LOL, Delta Dear and husband. Morgan DID enjoy St. Maarten. As a matter of fact they photobombed just the right shot because when they went to St. Maarten in 2011, they forgot to take a picture of the sign. Chances are they may forget again when there are there in Dec, 2014. Thanks for putting us right there. LOVE IT ! Love the review, too.

I'm actually making decisions on what to do on these Islands when we go in April.. Thanks for photos and descriptions they are so helpful and intense. Makes me want to buy a Dslr instead of using my phone :-)

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

And due to your pic of the oasis, I realise the empress floor which is one Above lifeboats doesn't seem to have a partially obstructed view. They had a great rate and decided against bc I want site and I spend a lot of time on balcony agree midnight

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

First of all, loving your review and the awesome pictures, thanks for sharing. Second, I'm laughing at how you included Delta Dear and her hubby, that was just too cute. She also does great reviews as well. Keep up the great job on your review, and yes I've subscribed!

I love your review thanks. I am not planning on any cruise on the Fascination, will be going on the Splendor, I don't fly and live in NY. We are going to Turks and Caicos. Have been there three times. The tour you did sounds very interesting. In your opinion can a person with knee problems be able to handle the Safari truck...