Parades this Sat. in French Quarter?

winston71

Do you know if there will be parades on or near the French Quarter this Saturday? I know MG doesn't start for a few days but I have a feeling lots will be going on!

Also is Bourbon Street the "main drag" in town? Thanks so much. We have never been before. Great way to start our vacation!

There are five parades this Saturday. They don't go in the French Quarter, but along Canal Street, very close to the querter.

The first one should get downtown around 3:00.

Bourbon Street is by far the busiest and loudest street in the quarter. Lots of bars, t-shirt shops, cheap street food and not much else. It just depends on what you like. Other areas of the quarter are more interesting.

http://www.mardigrasneworleans.com/schedule.html

As stated above none of the parades will go through the FQ. I think I posted on another thread but personally (as a local) I avoid Bourbon Street like the plague. Now, if you want to see many drunk tourists (or be one of them) then check it out - peep shows, tacky shops and bars. I just hate that people come to NOLA and think that Bourbon Street is the city. I'd see the area around the St Louis Cathedral, the French Market, Royal Street and the side streets in the FQ.