In Rome on Palm Sunday

campisfortis

We are booked on the Eurodam with a departure from Civi on Palm Sunday this year. We would love to see the Pope before we hop on the Cab to the port. I have tried to determine, without success, the time line of the events in St. Peters Square that morning. I was hoping that there would be a blessing of the Palms in the morning. I have seen some indication of this, but also suggestions that there will be a Palm Sunday mass mid-afternoon. That is, of course, too late for us.

I already know to get a seat you have to get tickets, and that the tickets are free. I also understand that the square will be very crowded and the pope will look tiny. That is fine with us, we would be happy just to be there, if we have to bail early, and if we can barely see the Pope, so be it.

Our idea is leave Rome (using Rome Cabs) to go to the port at Noon. Does anybody have any advice or knowledge if there will be a Papal appearance before, say 11AM on Palm Sunday?

Edited by campisfortis