San Diego to Ensenada Mexico

MHoward909

Looking for information Getting to Ensenada from San Diego? Can you take a TAXie os can you rent a car in San Diego drive to pier in Ensenda drop the car off? we are doing the Panama Canal Like to spend 2 days in San Diego befor cruise. Any information will be great [img]http://messages.cruisecritic.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif[/img]

In this particular case I will use the Celebrity transfers. Although Ensenada is only about an hour south of San Diego, a taxi would probably be very expensive - and I'm not really sure they can cross the border. I also don't think you could rent a car and return it in Mexico.

Sue
[email="SueClark"]sueclark@aol.com[/email]

[B]Constellation Transatlantic 9/7/04[/B]
[img]http://escati.linkopp.net/cgi-bin/countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=ff0000&cdt=2004;9;7;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500[/img]

[B]Infinity Panama Canal 4/17/05[/B]

I have done this several times. You can get a taxi/van service for about $100 to take you to to Ensenada. I don't remember the name of the services (there are several), but they are in the San Diego yellow pages. I will try to find a number or two for you to call.

MHoward:

I'm a little confused [img]http://messages.cruisecritic.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]. The Canal cruises leave from San Diego -- so why do you want to get to the Ensenada pier?

Lee ([email="LSilver@information-concepts.com"]EMail[/email])

Song of America -1996
Zenith -1997
Zenith -1998
Mercury (b2b) -1999
Enchantment of the Seas (b2b) -2000
Infinity -2001
Summit (b2b) -2002
Infinity (b2b) -2003
Summit -2004
[img]http://escati.linkopp.net/cgi-bin/countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=0000ff&cdt=2004;10;1;20;0;00&timezone=GMT-700[/img]

Hi Lee,

I'll answer for MHoward. Our 4/17/05 sailing of the Infinity has been changed. We are now departing and boarding from Ensenada instead of San Diego.

Originally when we booked, we were departing from San Diego, but Celebrity red-flagged our sailing for re-deployment. Not only did they change where we are sailing from, they also removed Aruba and replaced it with Grand Cayman and Montego Bay. We're not thrilled with that change, but at least they didn't cancel the cruise altogether.

Celebrity has again opened the sailing for new bookings and changes, but still has not provided any pre-cruise or embarkation information to us or our TA's as of yet.

Hope this info helps.

Happy Cruising!
Michele

Celebrity Infinity - 4/17/05
[img]http://escati.linkopp.net/cgi-bin/countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=ff00ff&cdt=2005;04;17;20;00;00&timezone=GMT-0800[/img]

Celebrity Summit - 10/03
Explorer of the Seas - 8/02
Fascination - 8/01
Costa Romantica - 3/94
Celebrity Zenith - 9/92
Celebrity Zenith - 5/92
Celebrity Horizon - 7/91
Carla Costa - 5/91
Costa Riviera - 5/90
Costa Riviera - 10/89
Costa Daphne - 4/89
Costa Riviera - 10/88
Costa Daphne - 5/88
Carla Costa - 8/87
Costa Flavia - 1960's

Michele:

WOW - that's a bit of a change -- leaving from Ensenada instead of San Diego is a bit of a bummer. I thought all the Canal cruises left from SD -- my previous 2 did and so does my next.

Aruba is nice, but so is Grand Cayman; I've never been to Montego Bay.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by jschutz:
I have done this several times. You can get a taxi/van service for about $100 to take you to to Ensenada. I don't remember the name of the services (there are several), but they are in the San Diego yellow pages. I will try to find a number or two for you to call.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hi jschutz...if you remember that info, that would be fantastic. Also, is that $100 for the car/van or per person? A bunch of us on our sailing are very much interested. The idea of getting into a Celebrity cattle car doesn't amuse us very much.

Thanks for any and all help!

Michele

Celebrity Infinity - 4/17/05
[img]http://escati.linkopp.net/cgi-bin/countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=ff00ff&cdt=2005;04;17;20;00;00&timezone=GMT-0800[/img]

Celebrity Summit - 10/03
Explorer of the Seas - 8/02
Fascination - 8/01
Costa Romantica - 3/94
Celebrity Zenith - 9/92
Celebrity Zenith - 5/92
Celebrity Horizon - 7/91
Carla Costa - 5/91
Costa Riviera - 5/90
Costa Riviera - 10/89
Costa Daphne - 4/89
Costa Riviera - 10/88
Costa Daphne - 5/88
Carla Costa - 8/87
Costa Flavia - 1960's

For those requiring San Diego-Ensenada transportation you can call the following:
Abel Duran 619-421-7234 or 619-921-1427. He is very reliable and charges $175.00 for the trip,NOT per person. He will pick you up from your house, airport or hotel in San Diego. The van will hold up to 8 people. You can tell him that Dusty Sullivan of Mikelson Yachts reccomended him.

My advice to you is stay on the ship! I know I sound crazy, but it's worth it. We were in a Royal Suite onboard Infinity, and our butler gave us false disembarkation time information. When he was taking our bags out of our room, the engines started! We were off to San Diego. Fortunately, we live in San Diego anyways!

Actually, you probably do not want to do this. I was just kidding. It is rude to do to the staff if on purpose. Just thought I would share!

APF

Celebrity Galaxy- 7/98
Celebrity Zenith- 7/99
Rhapsody of the Seas- 12/99
Voyager of the Seas- 8/00
Celebrity Millennium- 6/01
Radiance of the Seas- 10/01
Explorer of the Seas- 12/01
Celebrity Millennium- 4/02
Celebrity Constellation- 6/02
Celebrity Summit- 8/02
Radiance of the Seas- 8/02
Norwegian Star- 11/02
Norwegian Dawn- 12/02
Celebrity Infinity- 4/03
Radisson Seven Seas Voyager- 6/03
Crystal Serenity- 8/03
Monarch of the Seas- 10/03
Serenade of the Seas- 10/03
Mariner of the Seas- 12/03
Queen Mary II (Queen's Grill)- 03/04
Westerdam- 06/04
Jewel of the Seas 11/04

Miscellaneous ship visits:
The World- 12/02
Legend of the Seas- 11/03
Seven Seas Voyager- 01/03
Caronia- 04/04

We took a limo from San Diego's airport to Ensenada. The entire trip took about 1 1/2 hours with no traffic. Our driver even made a champagne stop for us. We used San Diego Limousines and the driver's name was Ray. If I remember correctly we paid around $300 including tip. You could fit 5 people in there with luggage and make it more economical. Beats standing in line for the bus if you can swing it.
Have a great time.

Archived