Voyager of the Seas- Any inputs?

SQUAREROOT

Hi! Its been a while since we last boarded a cruise ship. That one was in Hawaii where we sailed for 7days in 4 islands.

Now we are planning again, this time, RC Voyager of the Seas from Tokyo, Japan -Jeju, Korea and back for 6 nights. This cruise is a kid oriented cruise. There is a meet and greet with Dreamworks characters.

I would like to seek some inputs again to fellow cruisers just like the one in Hawaii before, our trip was a breeze with the help of fellow CC members. Car rentals tips, must visit places, etc.

Please don't hesitate to type any of your experience with this ship. Tips and tricks highly appreciated.

Thanks!

Square

Hi,

I have cruised on Voyager out of Sydney but not in Asia.

From what I have heard the Asian cruises are a little different in that they have announcements in whatever Asian language is the dominant one amongst the passengers. So you may get several announcements in different languages rather than just English.

The cruise director I think is Chinese & the food will have more oriental dishes available compared to Western cruises.

I have also heard there is more smoking areas as Asians are some of the biggest smokers in the world.

The DreamWorks characters are just part of the ships entertainment & the Voyager isn't aimed at being kid oriented I didn't think, although there is lots for kids to do I didn't feel the adults felt like it was kid centric.

Regards the Voyager I did find it quite cool to cold sometimes in the theatre so take a layer.

The ice show was good & worth seeing.

The 3D movies in the theatre were also fun.

Overall I enjoyed Voyager & I'm sure you will as well.:)

• 1 month later...

Thanks for your inputs guys

Any cruiser here with Tokyo experience? I understand that we are embarking in an intercity hall not right beside the port. -Sorry in experienced cruiser here. :P

More tips appreciated

Thanks!