Oasis Photo Review – All Dining and Drinks Menus - Daily Programs

What an amazing, informative review. I just happened upon it today as we booked a very last minute Oasis trip for 4/19. Sailed many times on DCL and once on NCL, and am now very much looking forward to our trip on the Oasis.

This experience has been like finding a really great miniseries once all the episodes are out on Netflix. I got to just keep reading and reading without having to wait for the next installment.

We, 4 women, were on the Oasis in January, a B2B, loved every minute. We were not ready to get off after 2 weeks, still finding new things on the ship.

Loved your review, got to relive our cruise and "borrow" some pictures that I didn't get.

Thank you so much,

Gayle

Love this review. We are sailing in May and I have learned so much.

You said that it took you 1 hour and 20 min. in line for customs. Did you notice if there was any place for someone who has trouble standing for that long to sit while other family members stand in the line? My husband walks with a cane, has had 7 back surgeries and can not stand for long periods of time. We have a wheelchair rented for him onboard the ship in case he needs it for any long distances but it stays on the ship when we disembark. The instructions you posted state that the ships wheelchair assistance only takes you to the luggage area which would be fine if the wait isn't an hour and 20 minutes. Did you see anyone else having trouble standing that long and what they did? Thanks for any information you can provide.

I am sure this problem arises all the time. Although I don't know how arranged, I am sure I saw at least one wheelchair being pushed along the queue. Perhaps the assistance offered by the ship stops at the luggage area but the wheelchair can still be used? Might be worth contacting RCCL.

Or perhaps they may offer a seat near the end of the line for your husband to wait whilst you progress through the queue. Anyway I am sure they deal with this issue frequently.

Regards

megacruiser

Thank you so much!!! I just found this thread today and have spent every free minute reading! We go back on Oasis this summer and I am just finishing making our show reservations.

I have one question that will show how involved I have been with making these...we are also on the Western Route, as we were a few years ago, and I am confused about something you said about entertainment on Day 2. We were able to see Oasis of Dreams in the Aquatheater after dinner (I remember changing out of formal clothes before going down to see it!) and it looks like I can also make reservations for our upcoming cruise on Day 2 for the same thing. But I noticed that you commented that you needed to see both Hairspray and Dreams on the first night due to scheduling, so I double checked your Cruise Compass, and sure enough it doesn't look like Dreams was scheduled for the evening of Day 2.

Again, I am a little embarrassed to admit how much I have poured over your every word :) but I am wondering if this was just a change for your cruise, or I am missing something for my upcoming cruise.

Thank you again---and DH keeps insisting that we do MDR for lunch on sea days and I was reluctant to do so again, but your review reminded me that he was right!

Hello brookmill18,

I can't remember in detail my reasoning but it wasn't just absolute availability of shows at any time, but I had to factor in that I was booked for the Chef's Table on Day 2 and I also prefer to dine later than 7.30. Also bear in mind there are other shows to be booked and there are limited days and timings suitable that allow all to be fitted in. This combined with my other speciality bookings meant I had no option but to see two shows on Day 1, otherwise an afternoon show of Hairspray would have been called for, if I remember correctly.

Don't know if that makes sense but I assure you I looked at every permutation.

Regards

megacruiser

I'm sailing with CapitalKyle on April 5 and am voraciously soaking in all the content you are posting, any minutiae you post I will appreciate, megacruiser! (p.s. I've read every word you have written as well, :) )

Hi jaydc2,

Nice to hear you actually read my review, and didn't just look at the photos... :)

As regards the extra miscellaneous bit and pieces, I will be happy to do this if it is of genuine interest. So far, there are only about 7 or 8 folk interested. So I'd hope for another dozen or so to indicate some worthwhile level of interest.

Regards

megacruiser

Your review is amazing! I was wondering, you wrote about the freshness of the food. I hope that the food will still be great when we do our transatlantic cruise in October. There will be 8 days without any port.... Is most food frozen?

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Amazing Review!!! We are sailing the Oasis in November - Eastern - and have absolutely LOVED the photos and information. Please...please pass on any additional information and wisdom you have - it is going to make our cruise so much better and easier! Thank you sooo much for the time you have put in - it is very much appreciated!

This is already one of the most comprehensive reviews I've ever seen, but I'm also interested in any and all miscellaneous information you might provide. I'm also looking forward to the drink menus. To have all of this in one place would be fantastic. Thanks for the massive effort a review of this nature entails.

Hi Megacruiser. I'm still following your wonderful review with great interest. I too would love to see the drink menus and other items. Thanks again for providing this amazing resource!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Drinks lists will follow early tomorrow. Took much longer than expected to edit and upload.

Goodnight.

Thank-you for the posts of the menus and wine list. These are the most readable I've seen in a while. I realize how much time it takes, and I know many people on this board will appreciate your hard work.:)

Thanks for a wonderful detailed review. We will be on Oasis on April 26th and have been anticipating your review updates day by day. Your excellent pictures has given us a good feel for the ship. We even have picked out our MDR choices for each night and also for Chops Grille.

You mention being a Diamond member through several of your posts, 88, 245,436 etc... My wife and I would like to know, if you recall, what night the C&A welcome back & top tier events were held?

Thanks again for all the effort you put into this review, it is very much appreciated.

George

I am sure this problem arises all the time. Although I don't know how arranged, I am sure I saw at least one wheelchair being pushed along the queue. Perhaps the assistance offered by the ship stops at the luggage area but the wheelchair can still be used? Might be worth contacting RCCL.

Or perhaps they may offer a seat near the end of the line for your husband to wait whilst you progress through the queue. Anyway I am sure they deal with this issue frequently.

Regards

megacruiser

Megacruiser, thanks very much for your information. I will try to contact RCCL special services or have my TA do it to see what the situation is for persons who can not stand for long periods. And again thanks your your awesome review. Barbara

Thanks for a wonderful detailed review. We will be on Oasis on April 26th and have been anticipating your review updates day by day. Your excellent pictures has given us a good feel for the ship. We even have picked out our MDR choices for each night and also for Chops Grille.

You mention being a Diamond member through several of your posts, 88, 245,436 etc... My wife and I would like to know, if you recall, what night the C&A welcome back & top tier events were held?

Thanks again for all the effort you put into this review, it is very much appreciated.

George

We will be sailing with you on the 26th! Have you joined the roll call yet? I haven't seen you on there. I did notice from your profile you are from nj. We are as well! 43 days and counting : )

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

We will be sailing with you on the 26th! Have you joined the roll call yet? I haven't seen you on there. I did notice from your profile you are from nj. We are as well! 43 days and counting : )

Hello At Sea 4Ever. Yes we have joined roll call. Last I posted was Aug, but haven't posted in a while. We're from South Jersey, near GSP Exit 0.