Oasis Photo Review – All Dining and Drinks Menus - Daily Programs

Megacruiser, I haven't read a review as complete and comprehensive as yours, ever. It has been wonderful following along with you. I leave in two weeks, and feel I'm well prepared for my journey. First cruise on oasis class ship.

I do have one question -- I am physically challenged and have to use a scooter. The photos of central park show walkways that look extremely narrow. Is there room to maneuver a scooter thru the park? On other ships it hasn't been a problem, but this is the first 'central park.'

Thanks again for your wonderful review.

Megacruiser, I haven't read a review as complete and comprehensive as yours, ever. It has been wonderful following along with you. I leave in two weeks, and feel I'm well prepared for my journey. First cruise on oasis class ship.

I do have one question -- I am physically challenged and have to use a scooter. The photos of central park show walkways that look extremely narrow. Is there room to maneuver a scooter thru the park? On other ships it hasn't been a problem, but this is the first 'central park.'

Thanks again for your wonderful review.

Hello vegasres,

You will certainly be able to traverse Central Park with a scooter. As I mentioned, there are multiple routes through the park and only one part needs to avoided - the path direct to Vintages from the forward elevators, where it steps down.

I am sure you will quickly find which routes are widest and easiest but even on the narrower parts you should be able to access every location, including Vintages with a small detour.

Thanks for your enthusiastic comment. Have a great cruise.

Regards

megacruiser

Thank You for the many HOURS you gave to this review! The scanned menus and Cruise Compasses are excellent for future cruisers! I was on the Oasis of the Seas in 2011, and am preparing for upcoming Aug 2014 sailing on the Allure of the Seas. A review like this is so helpful to identify what is "new and different" as Royal Caribbean is constantly responding to guest feedback and industry innovations.

Thank You!!!

Wow.

Awesome review.... is it possible to see the pics / scans all in one place?

Sailing Oasis B2B in September.....

Thanks. I am actually considering reorganising and reposting to separate the written review, the tours, daily programs, menus etc

Regards

megacruiser

Our family of 4 (kids 5 and 13) will be on Oasis in November 4 floors directly above you I believe #12729. Hope the noise doesn't go on too long into the night or I'll have a grumpy 5 year old all week if he doesn't get his sleep.

Megacruiser - Just now seeing this review! Not all the way through but enjoying it so far!

We will also be in 12729 in August and I can't wait! I am not worried about noise since I have read that when you close the door the sound from the Boardwalk is mostly blocked out. However, I have to sleep with fan noise every night anyway, so I will be bringing a fan to drown out noise if there is any! I know, bad habit. I used to roll my eyes when someone said they had to sleep with a fan :rolleyes: and now I am one of those people thanks to my DH who started this obsession! it is very trying when we go out of town and I forget my fan:eek: I have been known to send DH to the nearest Walmart to purchase one!

However, I have to sleep with fan noise every night anyway, so I will be bringing a fan to drown out noise if there is any! I know, bad habit. I used to roll my eyes when someone said they had to sleep with a fan :rolleyes: and now I am one of those people thanks to my DH who started this obsession! it is very trying when we go out of town and I forget my fan:eek: I have been known to send DH to the nearest Walmart to purchase one!

DisnyMik: If you have a smartphone, android or iphone/ipad, there are a few different apps that will play sounds for you including a fan sound. I use mine every night for an hour or so to help get me to sleep. They can be very helpful & easier to travel with.

DisnyMik: If you have a smartphone, android or iphone/ipad, there are a few different apps that will play sounds for you including a fan sound. I use mine every night for an hour or so to help get me to sleep. They can be very helpful & easier to travel with.

Ooooh that's a good idea.... at home I sleep with the radio on.... talk radio not music.... I find though the sound of a ship and the gentle movement seems to work ok after a day or two. Or I wear an eye mask and have the tv on.....

I just spent the last two days reading through your excellent review...WOW! We sail on Oasis at the end of June and this review has greatly enhanced my planning. This will be our first cruise on RCCL and our first with our children (4 and 9).

Thanks!

I believe I saw a picture of what looks like cigars in what might be a cigar bar. Can you tell me if there is one on the allure and where it might be found? My husband like and occasional cigar and really enjoys the good company he has always found in the cigar bar on various ship. Please help.

I believe I saw a picture of what looks like cigars in what might be a cigar bar. Can you tell me if there is one on the allure and where it might be found? My husband like and occasional cigar and really enjoys the good company he has always found in the cigar bar on various ship. Please help.

There is no dedicated cigar bar on Allure. There is an area outside that is used as the suite sunning area in the day that they use as the cigar smoking area at night.

You would have to be on a Voyager or Freedom class ship for a dedicated cigar area inside.

There is no Cigar Bar on the Oasis class ships. On Allure they had "Cigars Under the Stars" in the Solarium (check your compass). I would imagine they had the same sort of thing on the Oasis.

Awesome review!! Thank you for posting all of this info. I'm even more excited now to set sail on May 10th!

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment. Much appreciated.

You will have an amazing time.

Regards

megacruiser

Amazing review can you please help me? My partner and I will be taking our 8 year old on our first cruise. We are from New Zealand my father and family live in Florida. I'm an American Citizen with a US passport. A few questions:

We are going on a 7 night Western Caribbean cruise that departs at 5 pm - how early can you board? The website says 3 hours before? If possible I'd like to avoid lots of standing around in lines I know our 8 year old will not cope.

Do we need visas at all for any of the port stops?

Amazing review can you please help me? My partner and I will be taking our 8 year old on our first cruise. We are from New Zealand my father and family live in Florida. I'm an American Citizen with a US passport. A few questions:

We are going on a 7 night Western Caribbean cruise that departs at 5 pm - how early can you board? The website says 3 hours before? If possible I'd like to avoid lots of standing around in lines I know our 8 year old will not cope.

Do we need visas at all for any of the port stops?

Welcome to Cruise Critic.

You can usually start boarding Oasis between 11am and 11:30am. Should you get there before boarding starts, everyone has a chair use while waiting. US citizens do not need a visa when traveling to the Caribbean.

Thanks so much just to confirm while I am a US citizen my partner and his daughter are New Zealand citizens - do they need Visas for any of the ports of call?

Also we are big foodies and would like to do the chefs table - are there babysitting services on board?

Thanks so much just to confirm while I am a US citizen my partner and his daughter are New Zealand citizens - do they need Visas for any of the ports of call?

Also we are big foodies and would like to do the chefs table - are there babysitting services on board?

There are babysitting services on board, but book quickly because they are limited.

Regarding whether the citizens of New Zealand need a visa, try this website:

http://www.doyouneedvisa.com/

cmnz

please contact Royal Caribbean for these answers - they are too important to ask on a community board. While I am sure no one would give you the incorrect answer on purpose - someone might state what they believe to be truth and it be a different situation for your group. You can contact Royal Caribbean by phone or email - they are the best to give you the answers about what documents you need to cruise.

A few years back, we went on a cruise and a man and his children were being turned down from cruising because he did not have the right documents for his children to sail... it was a sad sight to witness.

Found your review yesterday and finished today. Great job ! Appreciate all the work you put into it. Always sailed on Celebrity but thinking of Oasis for our next cruise and your review helped answer our concern for the large number of passengers aboard. Again, thanks !

This is one of the best reviews I have read on CC!

We were thinking of sailing on oasis with my extended family next summer and I was worried about crowds. You made me want to go! Thanks for taking time to put all of this information together. Too bad you can't get referral cruise credits for people you have influenced to take this cruise. :D

Now you just need to travel on more ships and different cruise lines so we can read your wonderful reviews! You could be like the tom's port guides for cruise ships. :)

Started your thread yesterday and finished it this evening. I couldn't put my tablet down😀. I am now even more excited to go on the oasis on May 10th. This will be our first cruise. I'm afraid it may be a little overwhelming and may spoil us a little as well. Thank you for all the time and dedication you have put into this it definitely shows.🏭

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

This is one of the best reviews I have read on CC!

We were thinking of sailing on oasis with my extended family next summer and I was worried about crowds. You made me want to go! Thanks for taking time to put all of this information together. Too bad you can't get referral cruise credits for people you have influenced to take this cruise. :D

Now you just need to travel on more ships and different cruise lines so we can read your wonderful reviews! You could be like the tom's port guides for cruise ships. :)

Thanks so much for the feedback and the compliments.

Funnily enough, I am due to sail on NCL Epic in six weeks (studio room) and intend to do a review. Hopefully I will have learned enough from this first one to make it less arduous. Better organisation will be the key.

Hoping for a last minute bargain later this year. Then Quantum in February and Anthem next September, both in Studio Balconies.

Regards

megacruiser