Linthicum, MD & Taxi Cabs

IMKTDQT810

Does anyone know how much it would run to get a taxi from our hotel (Embassy Suites in Linthicum) to the pier? Long story short (I've posted it here already) but I can leave the car for the full 7 days and was able to book it for free using an Expedia coupon. We are considering to still drive ourselves and paying the 105 since we didn't pay for the hotel but never thought of a taxi cab ride over. There would be 2 adults and 1 child, thanks.

How easy is it to get a cab at the pier to bring us back to the hotel?

It should be around $30/$35 from the airport area... Does the Embassy Suite offer a shuttle to the cruise port?

(The cost going back should be about the same... But each county in MD sets it's own prices for taxis.)

Aloha,

John

They DO offer a shuttle to the cruise pier BUT there was major confusion when I booked and even though I can keep my car there for 7 days it was booked as a "Park & FLY" and not "park & Cruise". Trust me....I tried to do all I could to get it switched but unless I cancel and re-book directly through the hotel I can't do anything about it.

I live in Baltimore. Taxis here can get very pricey. If you can find a hotel that offers you parking and a shuttle, you might want to consider that first. If you are spending a day in Baltimore and want to get around the Inner Harbor/Downtown area use the Charm City Circulator. It's free. But it doesn't go to the port.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I'm not sure if this is too late for you, but since you have park and fly, take the hotel shuttle to the airport, try to get them to drop you off at departures, then grab a cab to the cruise terminal. It's a $30 flat rate from the airport (per cruise maryland http://www.cruise.maryland.gov/content/transportation).

... then grab a cab to the cruise terminal. It's a $30 flat rate from the airport (per cruise maryland http://www.cruise.maryland.gov/content/transportation).

Double check the link... The flat rate is FROM the Cruise port TO the airport, not the other way around ....

Airport taxis are regulated by a different authority, and is strictly by the meter. (It's still going to be around $35.)

Aloha,

John