Platinum Events

ValerieJo

This will be our first time cruising as Platinum members. I'm aware of the Robes, Balcony Discounts, etc.

However, I've read something about top tier events. Does this include Platinum members? Are there any additional perks to being Platinum once we're on board other than Robes, Balcony discounts listed on the RCCL page?

Thanks

This will be our first time cruising as Platinum members. I'm aware of the Robes, Balcony Discounts, etc.

However, I've read something about top tier events. Does this include Platinum members? Are there any additional perks to being Platinum once we're on board other than Robes, Balcony discounts listed on the RCCL page?

Thanks

The top tier event is similiar to the typical "Welcome Back" party, except for Platinum and above. Sometimes they have snacks and better drinks. Sometimes there's a special ice show (depending on the ship) performance.

We just went on a cruise as Platinum members this month.

We attended the Top Tier Event for a short time, but had to leave to make the "Up In The Air" show. We were pleased to attend this event. They made us feel very special. Even had a glass of free wine while we sat and listened to the news about RCCL which was followed by a question and answer session.

We also loved the quick check-in using the Priority Check In line.

We are now 65 and have completed our 5th RCCL cruise. We also tried Princess, NCCL, and Carnival each once, but like RCCL best so far. Oh, my wife also went on a Disney Cruise with my single adult daughter. I may try a Disney Cruise sometime, but find myself gravitating back to looking at more RCCL cruises.:)

I am sorry to say you do not advance until you have finished the cruise that gives you the points for the next teir. You may have luck asking the Loyalty Ambassador to upgrade you. Emphasis is on luck. There really aren't too benefits to Platinum once you are on board, but it wouldn't hurt to ask.

We will become platinum during our next cruise. Will we be eligible for this event or will we have to wait until our next cruise?

Most likely you will have to wait for the cruise after the one in which you earn the Platinum points.

We turned platinum on the last cruise after our first night at sea. Went to see the LA and ask about being platinum on that cruise - she said sorry, no :( Oh well, the next trip is planned and we'll get to enjoy the benefits then. Already got the balcony discount :D

Is the balcony discount for platinum on select cruises? We became platinum last cruise and just put a deposit on a JS. Do we automatically get a discount?

The balcony discount applies to all cruises in staterooms with a balcony. The discount may or may not be automatic. Best thing to do is call Royal (or your travel agent if you used one) and ask for Royal's Guest Copy of your booking confirmation. This document will show if you have a discount.

Edited by clarea

You can get the balcony discount on every cruise. But it cannot be combined with saving certificates. But you can use it with a booking on a previous cruise.

So if you are getting On Board Credit from booking on a cruise, you can still get the Balcony discount for Platinum.

We got the $50 obc for a 4 night. How much is the room discount usually for a 4 night? Maybe I will call and check to see what is greater. Everytime I do that they say they have to cancel and re-book but since I have a desired corner aft you hate to take that chance.

We got the $50 obc for a 4 night. How much is the room discount usually for a 4 night? Maybe I will call and check to see what is greater. Everytime I do that they say they have to cancel and re-book but since I have a desired corner aft you hate to take that chance.

Platinum balcony discount is $50 per stateroom for a 4 night cruise, and that's if you book 6 mo in advance. Less than 6mo in advance, the discount is $25 per stateroom.