Considering the "7 Night Scan Russia Cruise"

GLOCKer

My wife and I are considering the "7 Night scan Russia Cruise" with two days in St. Petersburg. From those who have done this before, is there anything we need to know or consider? How can we get the best pricing? We are planning on using one of the two days in St. Petersburg for an excursion through the cruise line to Moscow. This will be our second cruise ever, and our second cruise with Royal Caribbean. Our first cruise was a Caribbean cruise, so this will be really different for us!

Since the excursion to Moscow takes 18 hours, I don't think that you would have enough time for much else.

I think it would be better to concentrate your time in St. Petersburg. There is so much to see.

The price for the cruise is set by Royal Caribbean. Some travel agents can give you OBC or other perks, but usually the price is the price.

We did a RCC appx 3 yrs ago from Copenhagen and only docked in St Pete's one day. We did a private tour from appx 8am- 5PM. I felt there was enought to see to spend another entire day here.

Wonderful cruise, stopping in Tallin & Stockholm too

We did it on the Jewel, I think it was longer than 7 days and over night in St. P.

GREAT cruise, it is on our bucket list to do it again!! Stayed on board for the TA back to Boston too, saw Iceland.

With the excursions they supply the VISA you need in Russia. We did one each day through RCL. They were both very good. Not a full day excursion that some did, not our thing. Everyone we talked to enjoyed their excursions.

Tallin is fantastic and so many of the other Baltic ports we saw. Have a great cruise!!

When we booked a year ahead we figured the price would go down as it was so high. The cruise sold out! It is one of the very popular ones.

I noticed the ship is smaller than the previous cruise we were on (the Freedom of the Seas). Are the accommodations just as good? I know there are less food choices, but as long as the quality is still good, I'll be happy. :)

Since the excursion to Moscow takes 18 hours, I don't think that you would have enough time for much else.

I think it would be better to concentrate your time in St. Petersburg. There is so much to see.

The price for the cruise is set by Royal Caribbean. Some travel agents can give you OBC or other perks, but usually the price is the price.

When we did last August's Baltic cruise on Brilliance, we met one guest who took the excursion to Moscow while the ship was in St. Petersburg. If I remember correctly, it didn't get him back to St. Petersburg until the wee hours and he was quite tired as a result. Not sure that he thought it was worth the extra travel time, cost, and limited amount of time in Moscow. We spent both days touring St. Petersburg and found it fascinating. Actually all of the ports were fascinating, especially Tallin for which we had no expectations.

My wife and I are considering the "7 Night scan Russia Cruise" with two days in St. Petersburg. From those who have done this before, is there anything we need to know or consider? How can we get the best pricing? We are planning on using one of the two days in St. Petersburg for an excursion through the cruise line to Moscow. This will be our second cruise ever, and our second cruise with Royal Caribbean. Our first cruise was a Caribbean cruise, so this will be really different for us!

I believe 7 day Cruise has just one day in St Petersburg... IMO even one week in St Petersburg is not enough, so much to see.

On my Baltic cruise I had three days in St. Petersburg. Even with three days I don't think there was sufficient time to see everything. It didn't help that I took a trip to Moscow (fly if you can - the Russian bullet train lacked effective A/C, was the slowest bullet train and had uncomfortable seats where you could be about 2" away from your fellow passenger). The first day I left the ship at around 0800 and didn't return for over an hour until after 0045. Later that day I left at 0450 for the Moscow to trip. I didn't return from that until after 0000. Later the third day I was off about 0845 and didn't return to the ship until ~1300. It was a very tiring three days. It didn't help that the air in Russia was worse than say LA in the 1980s.

It seems everyone recommends you go with a private guide. Also without a special visa you wont be able to leave the pier. So either book the ships excursions or with a private guide.

I noticed the ship is smaller than the previous cruise we were on (the Freedom of the Seas). Are the accommodations just as good? I know there are less food choices, but as long as the quality is still good, I'll be happy. :)

We like bigger ships but the cabins are very nice on the Radiance Class. No Promenade though! It has a centrum where entertainment happens etc. A lovely out door eating area past the WJ which is a bonus in good weather.

We booked it on the Legend of the Seas for July 13th! Had some interesting issues booking and with the rates that I've already written about on the second page of the roll call for that cruise. I'd be interested to hear everybody's take on that!