Miami Excursion - Hotel with a pool?

dongordon

Has anyone been to a hotel with a pool in Miami for the day.

I tried "Cookie's" Fountainbleu and it was too crowded for me.

I would be willing to pay $100 for the day/one night if there were one near the port.

Any ideas/suggestions?

Don

Depnd on how you define "near"... would near be a short shuttle ride away? If so there are hundreds of hotels that could fit the bill.

If you mean walking distance, I don't think there are too many THAT close to the pier.

When we traveled to Miami for a cruise, we ended up staying in Ft. Lauderdale and taking a SuperShuttle to the pier. They had a nice pool at the Holiday Inn in Ft. Lauderdale.

When we were on the Dawn in April,we booked an excursion through NCL that took us to the Royal Palm Hotel for the day. We boarded a bus right at the terminal. On our way there we were given a tour of the area including South Beach by a very knowledgeable and funny guide. Not only did we have access to the pool but we were able to walk to the beach from the Hotel. It was not terribly crowded and we had a wonderful time. Not sure of the price but we felt it was well worth it.:)

Good luck and have a wonderful time

Mimi,

Do you remember the name of that tour. I don't recall seeing a visit to any Miami hotel except for the Fountainbleu, but I will look again.

Cliff:

By near, I meant in the Miami area, accessible via taxi or shuttle. Can you walk into any of the hotels on the strip you described and use their facilities/pool?

If you know of any, could you list them?

Thanks.

Don

Don

It was called the South Beach Retreat. There were both couples and families on the tour.

At poolside, they had waiters and waitresses taking food and drink orders. There was a place to rent rafts for in the pool or you could walk down to the beach and use the beach chairs. I believe there was even a place to go parasailing as well as rent jet skis within walking distance of the hotel.

I believe the cost was between $55 - $65 per person for the tour.

I hope this is helpful to you.

Archived