Lobster infatuation?

Caligirl33

Yeah, I like pickled herring too, don't remember seeing it onboard, pretty expensive also. Lox and swiss sounds like i gotta try it, i usually do capers, bagels are a little doughy on board but toast them ever so slightly improves them tremendously. Pretzel rolls sounds good also. Still trying to get my kids to eat the stuff, they won't touch it.

Back to original ? does he Pearl carry lox and pickled herring?

Thanks

I haven't been on Pearl, but on Jewel and Gem the pickled herring was in the same cold station as the lox (well, smoked salmon), cheeses, and sliced meats. On the Jewel and Gem, that was usually the first station from the mid-ship entrance. If you see a tray of watery strings, then people like me got there ahead of you. :)

I'm a terrible bagel snob, especially when cruising out of New York, and often skip bagels entirely at the buffet. We pick up REAL bagels on the way home.

Do people really go on cruises to eat lobster? I can't believe how many threads there are asking about lobster! If I want to eat lobster I go to my local seafood supplier and buy it. I do NOT book a cruise LOL!!!!!

LOL...I don't think they will cancel if there isn't lobster, but they sure are obsessed with it arent they? Actually I think it is because many people do not live in areas where fresh lobster is available. I don't think they realize the lobster onboard is frozen just like their grocers at home. For the pax that come from Maine, I imagine this is a no-brainer. ;)

By the way: when is the midnight buffet?

The things that people cruise for is unbelievable.

All I want is a week of relaxation and someone else to wait on me for a change.

That's what's so different about us all - I couldn't care less if someone waits on me, and I won't sit down long enough to relax on my cruise! So yes, the things people cruise for is unbelievable!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

That's what's so different about us all - I couldn't care less if someone waits on me, and I won't sit down long enough to relax on my cruise! So yes, the things people cruise for is unbelievable!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I'm with you. I certainly don't want to sit around all day and do nothing. If I want to lay around by a pool and do nothing I can stay at home.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Can I get a slice of SCRAPPLE with my lobster tail?

I can't go a whole week without some.

The things that people cruise for is unbelievable.

All I want is a week of relaxation and someone else to wait on me for a change.

I would prefer the scrapple with my morning eggs. If the scrapple was there, I would eat it. The same thing with the lobster.

While the vacation relaxation is the main attraction, each person arrives with certain expectations about dining. I don't believe that it is the lobster itself, but the attachment that lobster night is a "special" night onboard. To many, the loss of lobster night would cross the symbolic "cutback" line that has been discussed by many on many cruise lines.

Not lobster thread again... can we replace them with Alaskan King Crab legs or Dungeness crab instead?

I was thinking the same thing. How about some real delicacies:

East Coast:

Raw cherrystone clams

Steamer clams

Maryland blue crabs

West coast:

Copper River salmon

Geoduck clams

Kona Kampachi

South coast:

Barbequed oysters

Key West pinks.

Hogfish

Stone crab

And the ever famous Rocky Mtn Oysters (yes I went there...heheheh).

Still have yet to try them!

Maybe Ocean Blue will, over time, add these species of shellfish, mollusks, and bivalves!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Well next year in April will be our first cruise ever and I'm probably going to avoid lobster night. Why? Having been to Maine for the real deal(the lobster festival each year is a MUST for lobster lovers) I can already tell that it will surely not be as good.

My better half isn't a seafood person(I wish she was) so I'll choose to eat that stuff other places. Free is always a big attention grabber and like others I suspect that's the reason for the big draw.

If I want lobster,I'll make it at home fresh from my local grocery store.

TheCapt.