Price Drops

CarterGriffin

Tough to say. Is this a school vacation week? Which ship? Do you care if you wait until 2 weeks out and may get a less desirable cabin? Since I live near a port I just wait. If it is a ship that is not full you will see price drops as it gets nearer to sailing, sort of like a fire sail to fill the berths up.

Tough to say. Is this a school vacation week? Which ship? Do you care if you wait until 2 weeks out and may get a less desirable cabin? Since I live near a port I just wait. If it is a ship that is not full you will see price drops as it gets nearer to sailing, sort of like a fire sail to fill the berths up.

I think you mean a fire SALE. Don't think anyone wants to go on a fire SAIL.

I've been watching the Star's March 2nd Mexican Riviera cruise for the last 2 weeks (last minute decision to cruise!), and for that date and a few others after it, the price has been steadily coming down. I believe it was $429pp for an inside IX GTY cabin, which dropped to $379, then included a free cabin upgrade, then $329, then $299, then $299 w/ $50 onboard credit. :eek: The closer you got to spring break week (March 29th sailing), the less dramatic the price drops, presumably b/c there is more demand for that week.

There's no guarantee what will happen, of course. But I'm now in a IA inside cabin for $329pp, so sometimes it pays to wait it out! (And compulsively check the website 6x/day! :p)

We're sailing on Epic April 13th. We've booked 2 Family Balcony rooms (B3) for our family of 5 (2 adults and 3 kids). When we booked, the first 2 people in each room were $829, and the third was $549. As of today, the price is down to $639 for the first 2 and still $549 for the third.

I figured since it was quite a significant drop (about $780 all together) I would call NCL and see if I could get either a room upgrade or OBC. Since we need connecting rooms with the kids, they couldn't find a suitable upgrade. The rep who I spoke to said that they were authorized to give up to 25% of the price difference as OBC, so my 1 hour on the phone earned us an additional $200 OBC!

It's hard to say if prices will drop further, but if they do, you can always call and see if you can get OBC in lieu.

Edited by stsbj

We're sailing on Epic April 13th. We've booked 2 Family Balcony rooms (B3) for our family of 5 (2 adults and 3 kids). When we booked, the first 2 people in each room were $829, and the third was $549. As of today, the price is down to $639 for the first 2 and still $549 for the third.

I figured since it was quite a significant drop (about $780 all together) I would call NCL and see if I could get either a room upgrade or OBC. Since we need connecting rooms with the kids, they couldn't find a suitable upgrade. The rep who I spoke to said that they were authorized to give up to 25% of the price difference as OBC, so my 1 hour on the phone earned us an additional $200 OBC!

It's hard to say if prices will drop further, but if they do, you can always call and see if you can get OBC in lieu.

I saw a price drop yesterday, only $60. They gave me $15 OBC. Today is went down another $240. I called again. The said they would upgrade me to same category, higher deck, far far far from an elevator or stairs (right now Im right next to the stairs, where I like to be). I declined and they said they couldn't do anything else. Bummer, but it was worth a shot!:)