Review Fascination, first time Carnival cruisers on Weezer charter

Hoosiermama

Lots of firsts! Just back from the Weezer cruise on the Fascination. Weezer is a musical group, for those that do not know.;) My husband and I went with our son and his wife.

Just some quick comments about the cruise. We each stayed in a Grand Suite, which was very nice. The cabins had plenty of room, and the balconies were very nice. Our room steward was fanstastic. We had great service and he was just a very good guy.

The ship was the perfect size for us. It was easy to navigate, and we don't need or use ice rinks, climbing walls or any of the other perks some ships provide. We thought the ship was very pretty.

The food was very good. We ate in the main dining room on 3 different nights. We all thought the food was as good, or even better than any other cruises that we've been on. The service was excellent. My Mahi Mahi was delicious! Also, we really liked a turkey pasta dish.

We loved being able to order a bottle of alcohol for our rooms. This may not seem like a big deal, but it was really nice to have. We have been on RCI cruises where we had large bars in our cabins, but they wouldn't allow any alcohol bottles in the room. I always found that strange.

We had great service and smiles everywhere. Honestly, just a very friendly group of people.

This was our first charter, and the music was good and there was plenty of it. I didn't get off of the ship in the Bahamas because I was nursing a sprained ankle. My husband scheduled massages and played mini golf when we were in port. We also played a few arcade games, to pass some time.

Jacksonville port was fast and easy to navigate. We stayed at the Hampton Inn, airport, which was about 15 minutes from the port, and I would recommend them to anyone.

This was a great cruise and I promised our cabin steward we would be back again one day. I loved the Fascination!

• 1 month later...

My wife and I were on the Weezer Cruise as well. She's a big fan and it was her Christmas present.

We had an Oceanview stateroom (E79). It was my first experience with a chartered cruise, it was a different experience than just the standard cruise and we loved it. Really, I do not have a single complaint about the Fascination or Carnival.

• 1 month later...

I was on the Weezer cruise too -- it was a BLAST! I was traveling with my mom since my husband had to cancel on me at the last minute. I've cruised a lot before but this was my first themed cruise and, as a huge Weezer fan, it has totally spoiled me from any other cruise. All of the live music was just freaking amazing. I don't think I got more than a few hours of sleep the entire 3 days.