Carnival Credit Card

mikem5

I have the card but personally don't care for it......sure it is great to get bonus points or whatever when I am using it for a cruise but there are many other cash back or points cards that pay a better rate across the board on all purchases. I can always use my cash rewards for a cruise if I want.

Yeah steelercruiser, I have 10% from Wells Fargo right now. I just like the fact of having the money specifically for carnival. I probably go through 100,000 a year on my credit cards so I'd have 1,000 a year for carnival.

Does anyone have the carnival credit card? How does it work when using cash back to pay for your cruise?

Log onto Barclay and you should see a link on the upper right side of the page that says manage my rewards. Go to pay with fun points and ask for a statement credit.

Yeah steelercruiser, I have 10% from Wells Fargo right now. I just like the fact of having the money specifically for carnival. I probably go through 100,000 a year on my credit cards so I'd have 1,000 a year for carnival.

We had a Carnival card for a few year but gave it up when I found about this card. Best thing we could have done! There are some threads out there about this card.

You would do much better with the Barclay Arrival Card. You get 2 points for everything you spend and when you redeem your points they give you 10% of them back. If you redeem the points for travel you get the best exchange rate although you can redeem them for other things.

We just let ours sit there and redeem them when we are ready to cruise. The upside is you can redeem them for all travel expenses including hotels and airfare.

So if you spend 100k a year you would have 200k in points and could get a 2,000 statement credit. They would give you back 20k in points. The card does have an annual fee of $89 and currently has a 40k bonus.

• 1 month later...

On my last cruise in January, my OBC showed up on my invoice that I printed after my last payment was made. If you prepay gratuities or have other excursions including FTTF that will show up there too.

I wish they offered it to UK residents. I would definitely use it! I think it's definitely a missed opportunity for Carnival!

It's not offered to Canadian residents either. I agree with you. I think it is a missed opportunity for Carnival.

I have the card and so far for this cruise I have a $200 OBC and will have enough points after this month for a $75 bar credit and a $20 photo credit. It works out well for me as I use it to grocery shop and then just pay off the groceries right away.

The points do expire after 5 years and I have never been able to get enough to pay for an entire cruise but between the OBC and my shareholders OBC I can usually pay for all of my tips and then some.

You really should consider Barclaycard Arrival. We booked a cruise in May, I applied for the Barclaycard Arrival right after and was approved within 24 hours. You get 40,000 bonus for opening the account. I then paid for the cruise using the card. If you redeem your miles within 90 days you can redeem for a 10% statement credit. Bottom line is I got $450 off the price of the cruise! I plan to use it inboard as well so I can get another discount. It's a good deal as long as you keep it paid off.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums