Sunshine Cruise Review 2/9/14-2/16/14 with pictures! (Western Caribbean)

Ciardasully

Creme Brule

IMG_3618.jpg

Fried Wonton

I couldn't eat it. The texture of the coconut milk and tapioca made me want to gag. I can't eat things with with certain textures. It is why I can't eat sushi.

IMG_3619.jpg

Fortune Cookies

IMG_3620.jpg

We really loved this experience. Where we live, most Chinese food restaurants are takeout places and while I love those, this was such a different experience for us. And the food was so good.

I'm with you on the fried wonton, that looked gross. Loving your review.

I'm with you on the fried wonton, that looked gross. Loving your review.

Thank you so much for reading!

It was so gross though I couldn't even tell you how it tasted. I couldn't get over the texture! :eek: It was disappointing because I generally love anything fried in a wonton.

Edited by Ciardasully

We were on the Sunshine the week after you (2-16 - 2-23). We enjoyed it and is now my favorite ship. I personally didn't care for Butch lots of people love him I guess he just wasn't for me.

How was the bloggers cruise?

Also, I am glad Bryon and I aren't alone in our feelings for Butch.

We went down to Deck 0 because we were the last ship to arrive in port that day and there were 5 or 6 ships in port that day. We wanted to get our taxi and get to Mr. Sanchos!

Good Morning Cozumel!

IMG_3891.jpg

IMG_3892.jpg

IMG_3893.jpg

IMG_3894.jpg

IMG_3895.jpg

Edited by Ciardasully

Bryon and I had been looking forward to going to Mr. Sanchos for a long time. We knew we wanted to do an AI and Bryon looked at many different places. We decided on Mr. Sanchos because it had good reviews and because they advertised that they served "gringo food."

Also, you can rent a locker for a $5 deposit and you can rent snorkel equipment for a $5 deposit. We did both. It was nice to lock up our valuables. Bryon decided to snorkel since he bought the underwater camera.

IMG_3897.jpg

IMG_3898.jpg

I apologize for not getting into the "not included" section.

IMG_3899.jpg

Our waiter was Edgar though he flipped his name tag around and said "In English, I am Elvis." He was pleasant and we really liked him.

Also, I am glad Bryon and I aren't alone in our feelings for Butch.

We are right there with ya! We had Butch on the Dream a few years back and I could not stand him. His voice is like nails on a chalkboard to me. I know he's very popular but for me personally, he was the worst.

We are right there with ya! We had Butch on the Dream a few years back and I could not stand him. His voice is like nails on a chalkboard to me. I know he's very popular but for me personally, he was the worst.

For us he left a lot of be desired. :(

Edited by Ciardasully

We grabbed seats by the pool.

IMG_3906.jpg

IMG_3907.jpg

IMG_3908.jpg

IMG_3909.jpg

The ocean.

IMG_3910.jpg

We were joined by two families cruising together on the Oasis of the Seas. They were very nice people. They tend to jump cruise lines a lot and they felt the Oasis was so big it was overwhelming. They also felt nickel and dimed.

Edited by Ciardasully

The pool started out as kids but it got taken over by some inebriated adults.

IMG_3933.jpg

They were having a good time, complete with a conga line.

IMG_3932.jpg

I spent a lot of time on my kindle and on my phone. It might have been mean but there was a blizzard back home and I felt the need to post a picture on facebook of my view.

Mr. Sancho's does have wi-fi but you need to bring your device to the check in podium and they will type in the password.

Bryon spent some time at the swim-up bar. Unfortunately our sunscreen application and re-application was not good enough and Bryon got pretty red. I pretty much sat under an umbrella most of the day and still got some color. I was in Mexico for a wedding in Dec 2012 and I had learned my lesson: My Irish skin does not go well with the Mexican sun.

Tip #5: Unless you have a skin type that doesn't burn, use sunscreen. With a high SPF. And reapply, reapply, reapply.

And another Tip #6- The family next to us paid $40 for a mask and a pair of goggles for their kids. If you don't want to pay $40, bring them from home.

Unfortunately all good things come to an end. Soon it was time to get a taxi back. There were tons of taxis all lined up ready to take you back to Peurta Maya.

We got back to Puerta Maya with some time to do some shopping. We were looking for sombreros for our nephews (ages 3 and 6) and some vanilla.

IMG_3936.jpg

IMG_3937.jpg

Then we got into line to get back on the ship.

IMG_3938.jpg

IMG_3939.jpg

It was a little slow-going but they opened up a second gangway and we were onboard shortly thereafter.

IMG_3940.jpg

Friday was Valentine's Day. Every female for a carnation.

IMG_3956.jpg

Bryon got the Thai Chicken Tenders.

IMG_3957.jpg

I got the lasagna and didn't like it. Bryon told me that I didn't like it on the Glory but I guess I forgot. Lesson learned though by the time we cruise again, it probably will all be American Table/American Feast.

IMG_3958.jpg

Bryon and I both got the Turkey.

IMG_3959.jpg

All the desserts were chocolate based. They had a special heart shaped dessert which I did not get a detailed photo for. This is our waiter explaining the choices to a neighboring table.

IMG_3960.jpg

Bryon and I got the warm chocolate melting cake...only it wasn't melty at all. So it was warm chocolate cake.

IMG_3961.jpg

After dinner we went to the fun shops. We had to get a Christmas ornament. And to get some aloe.

Tip #7 Bring aloe from home or you end up paying $15 for a bottle on the ship.

We stopped back in our room before heading to the piano bar.

IMG_3962.jpg