White Hot party

mialily

We did the Gem last June. It's basically a club night. You don't have to wear white, but I saw most people did. They have t-shirts available for purchase also that say something like "norwegians party white hot" or something like that. Drinks are NOT included. They played some good club music mixes, good for dancing. It was kind of cramped though because they had it in the Spinnaker, and alot of people showed up.

It's great for those that like the dance scene. Crowded, loud and a bit rowdy! White is optional and about 75% seem to go along. Feel free to wear whatever.

It is a revenue generator, made up party to get folks out. Many feel it is the high point of the cruise.

For my self I would not say it is the high point of the cruise but it is by far the best party of the week on the ship.

Club music, smoke effects and plenty of black lights installed... Bring those neon strings from the dollar store ( you know the one you bend to break to make them glow ) so you can make bracelets, necklace or the always cool looking glasses.

If you want a place to sit in the venue then you have to get there early...usually the line starts about 30 minutes before the start of the party.

Have fun !

Sent from my iPhone using Cruise Critic Forums mobile app

YMMV. I've been to ~great~ WH parties (on the Gem, with CD Sinan), and I've been to really boring ones (ships and CDs names withheld to protect the not-so innocent :rolleyes: ). Just depends on whether you prefer a DJ spinning dance tunes, or a live band playing moldy-and-oldie, I suppose.

We went to the WHP on Epic last year and had a great time! It was at Spice H20, so it was a lot of fun to dance to the music under the stars and to see everything on the huge tv screen. I can honestly say that of the people I saw, a good 95% had on white, so the ones that didn't really seemed to stand out. I'm definitely one that doesn't care about what other people wear, but those not in white really stood out.

The music was great, everybody seemed to have a great time. Plenty of flashing-cup drinks for sale. ;)

Get your shirt early if you plan to buy one (like earlier in the week), as they sold out quick on our cruise.

I was disappointed to hear that Getaway doesn't do white hot. I'm sure the other party will be fun, but I loved white hot. On that note, does anybody know if there's a family glow party on Getaway, just as there was a family white hot party on Epic?

Usually there are two of them. One for parents and their children in a sports bar in the lower levels held at an earlier time and the other for adults in their main bar and lounge area held at 10:30 on. Dance floor is usually suitable for about twenty couples but usually twice as many will try to squeeze in so it gets very crowded and usually you are bumping into someone.

Strobe lights and dance music makes for an electrifying experience but I find it suitable for the twenty somethings.I am 62 years old and most of us seniors just stick around and watch for a half an hour and leave.I have been to five of these and the strobes and music are the same over the last five years.

The party is there, for NCL to sell drinks.

Was on the Gem last year and Sinan, the CD was fantastic as was his dance crew usually some of the dancers from the on board entertainment production company.

As for the white stuff to wear. Uusually a white shirt, dress or pants or skirt is enough, but don't worry, they don't throw you out if you don't wear something white.

Nice but it does not float my boat for long

Thank you everybody for the information. It is very helpful. I have a 21 and 24 year old sons coming on this cruise. I would like them to check it out. I think if they just wear white shirts they'll be fine.

They will love it! White shirt is all that is needed to glow.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

We loved the White Hot Party. It was very crowded, but if you are lucky enough to get a seat it is fun to just people watch. We all wore white, and it is nice to see a large number of passengers on the ship wearing white that night, from babies to the oldest! They were very strict that after a certain time, all underage kids must leave. It was also a good time to show off our new moves we learned in the dancing classes we had done earlier on the ship!;)

I haven't even seen WHP outdoors but never had anything but good parties inside.

I was on the Norwegian Jewel for the Boo Cruise last October and our White Hot Party WAS held outside by the pool. It was a beautiful night, and we had martinis with awesome (potent) free Jello shooters. Maybe the inside/outside varies by ship class.

• 2 years later...

I realize this is an old thread... hoping to restart. Does GEM still do the white hot party. My sister and I will be aboard this Sept. Do I need to buy the dollar store glow bracelets for added fun?

I realize this is an old thread... hoping to restart. Does GEM still do the white hot party. My sister and I will be aboard this Sept. Do I need to buy the dollar store glow bracelets for added fun?

HI there, I will be cruising in 10 days!!! On the fabulous Norwegian Gem, this will be my 5th time on her. Yes from what I have read they have 3 "parties" Night Out which is where if you choose to get a little gussied up (dressed up) and it is the 2nd night of the cruise sort of like the old formal. Its very nice, again to sell drinks of course.

The next one I read was a 70's party, first time for this one, so I do not know much about it.

Then they will have The White Hot Party, I happen to enjoy this one very much, You can get right down in the thick of things or hang back like we do, get our drinks much faster and still dance away. White is preferred but if you don't have it no worries, they do sell the shirts.

Literally all you need is a white shirt of some kind. I like to be a little sparkly so my shirt is white and sparkly haha, gotta love those neon glow bracelets! Although I might bring some of my own too!

Hope it helps! Have a great cruise. I will be sure to come back and give a full report!

YMMV. playing moldy-and-oldie

Bwahahahahahahahaa - "Mouldy and Oldie" - wish I had know that quote when I completed my Celebrity Equinox Transatlantic customer feedback form - teehee..

(I was pretty cross as it was a 14 night cruise and they closed the main nightclub - there is only so much FabbaAbba a girl can take!)

Edited by Blondie008

Bwahahahahahahahaa - "Mouldy and Oldie" - wish I had know that quote when I completed my Celebrity Equinox Transatlantic customer feedback form - teehee..

(I was pretty cross as it was a 14 night cruise and they closed the main nightclub - there is only so much FabbaAbba a girl can take!)

[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HI there, I will be cruising in 10 days!!! On the fabulous Norwegian Gem, this will be my 5th time on her. Yes from what I have read they have 3 "parties" Night Out which is where if you choose to get a little gussied up (dressed up) and it is the 2nd night of the cruise sort of like the old formal. Its very nice, again to sell drinks of course.

The next one I read was a 70's party, first time for this one, so I do not know much about it.

Then they will have The White Hot Party, I happen to enjoy this one very much, You can get right down in the thick of things or hang back like we do, get our drinks much faster and still dance away. White is preferred but if you don't have it no worries, they do sell the shirts.

Literally all you need is a white shirt of some kind. I like to be a little sparkly so my shirt is white and sparkly haha, gotta love those neon glow bracelets! Although I might bring some of my own too!

Hope it helps! Have a great cruise. I will be sure to come back and give a full report!

Thanks so much for the info. Have a terrific cruise.

• 2 weeks later...

We are traveling on the Jewel in November for Thanksgiving. I am hoping they will have a White Hot Party as it sounds fun! Our cruise will only be 5 nights so I am wondering do they have the WHP on less then 7 night cruises?

My 16 year old has been googling NCL cruises (we have never sailed on NCL before) and found the WHP and told me about it. It sounds like it is for all ages up until a certain time when kids must leave (which sounds good).

Does NCL send out a packet before we leave telling us what to expect/bring so we are prepared for these parties, etc?

Thanks so much

Sue

:)

Does NCL send out a packet before we leave telling us what to expect/bring so we are prepared for these parties, etc?

Unless you are in a suite (category codes starting with S or H), you won't get anything in advance and even then it's not customized to your specific cruise.

I suggest that you read NCL's site, for example here: https://www.ncl.com/freestyle-cruise/prepare-for-your-cruise/what-to-pack