Transportation-Group of 15-IAH to Galveston Suggestions?

niksmom630

We will be flying into IAH one day prior to our cruise out of Galveston, traveling with a large group (15).

Any suggestions for transportation services for a group this large?

We have not decided whether we will stay in a hotel near IAH, and then get the arranged transportation the morning of the cruise, or whether we will get the transportation from IAH and go directly to the Galveston area and secure a hotel for one night there.

I had considered renting car(s), but after some research here, it appears I wouldn't have the ability to drop off a rental after 12 on Saturday.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions!

This was/is one of the major issues for our group too. We are a group of 21 and didn't know what to do, so after Tons of research and suggestions, We decided that our best option is to stay in Houston and then take a shuttle bus (hopefully a reliable company) in the morning of the cruise. We will be doing this the first weekend of March, I can let you knOw how it all turned our when we return if yOu'd like :)

Edited by csotelo

This was/is one of the major issues for our group too. We are a group of 21 and didn't know what to do, so after Tons of research and suggestions, We decided that our best option is to stay in Houston and then take a shuttle bus (hopefully a reliable company) in the morning of the cruise. We will be doing this the first weekend of March, I can let you knOw how it all turned our when we return if yOu'd like :)

Thank you! I appreciate any tips or recommendations! We are not sailing until November . We also have family in Houston, so have contemplated driving from IAH, and staying in the Deer Park area, then taking the reminder of the trip to Galveston on boarding day. Either way, it seems a rental car is not a viable solution due to drop off issues on a Saturday after 12 noon.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

• 3 weeks later...
Wish us Luck, lol and I Will gIve a full report on this when I return :)

Any updates on your transportation experiences? Still contemplating what we will do in November!

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app