How close to sail date for upsell/upgrade?

phoenix1181

I can only speak from my experience-- I got an upsell call about 5 days before we cruised. Cutting it real close. We didn't take it, as we had already reached the limits of our budget and didn't have a lot of wiggle room.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

They offer upsells when they need your class of stateroom to fill the ship. If you are in a highly desirable category, then that's possible. But statistically unlikely.

We usually make the call ourselves about a week before sailing and have had good luck ($500 to upgrade from a mini to a forward Penthouse) and no luck and have been called ($400 to upgrade from an SJ to the DOS.)

Thank for the info. I'll continue to check pricing & hope we get lucky. The insides are gone & the only ov's left are obstructed view. All other categories are wide open so I'm hoping for a price drop that will move us up. Nothing drastic but moving to a mini suite for short $$$ would be nice....

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

We called two weeks before our cruise (this Saturday, yay!) and just asked if we could upgrade. We were also past our final payment. If you really want an upgrade and are willing to pay the difference, it's worth a shot rather than hoping for a call. We upgraded AND ended up getting an OBC, which we didn't have before. Good luck!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk