Help me make up my mind, Please

Flatlander204

We want to do a family cruise in Feb 2015. There is 3 ships we are considering, The Breeze, The Freedom ( which will have it upgrades done by then) and The Sunshine. Our Family will be from ages 75 down to 10..Based on your experiences which one of these 3 would you think would best suit our needs.

TIA

I haven't sailed on any of them but based on reviews I have read and on the ships themselves rather than the Itineraries, home ports, etc. I would choose the Breeze. I really like the photos I have seen and the décor on the ship.

If I would trying to decide I would take into consideration the home ports that they sail from and the logistics of everyone getting there/hotel stays, etc. and of course the itineraries of the ship based upon the interests of those cruising. Some may like more shopping type ports, some more great beach type and some the more active type or water based excursions.

I really liked The Breeze. I went with my mom and knew that my family would love it. We were debating between these two cruises for Easter.

Liberty- 7 night Cozumel, Belize, Roaton, and Grand Cayman. It was $500 cheaper than Breeze.

Breeze- 6 night Grand Turk, St Thomas, St Martin

My family choose Liberty because it was a longer cruise.

We want to do a family cruise in Feb 2015. There is 3 ships we are considering, The Breeze, The Freedom ( which will have it upgrades done by then) and The Sunshine. Our Family will be from ages 75 down to 10..Based on your experiences which one of these 3 would you think would best suit our needs.

TIA

We've been on the Liberty twice (currently our favorite ship), which is one of the Freedom's sister ships. I don't know how similar they will be once the upgrades on the Freedom are done, but if it's like the Liberty, it will be fantastic! We've been on the Destiny, which was made over into the Sunshine. I've read more than a few complaints about the Sunshine, but I'll reserve judgement until we sail on it. Up next for us is the Breeze, which has become one of the most popular ships in the fleet, based on everything I've read. Here's what I would do. Write down the name of each ship on a piece of paper, list each ship's amenities, the itinerary for each, and the cost. Then get as much of the family together as possible and discuss it together. Take a vote, and let the majority decide.;)

I really liked The Breeze. I went with my mom and knew that my family would love it. We were debating between these two cruises for Easter.

Liberty- 7 night Cozumel, Belize, Roaton, and Grand Cayman. It was $500 cheaper than Breeze.

Breeze- 6 night Grand Turk, St Thomas, St Martin

My family choose Liberty because it was a longer cruise.

I would agree on that too.. I like the longer itineraries.

We have been on the Liberty and had a fantastic time. The price was definitely right and that is the kicker for me. there is nearly $100 different or more between the Freedom and the Breeze..

We've been on the Liberty twice (currently our favorite ship), which is one of the Freedom's sister ships. I don't know how similar they will be once the upgrades on the Freedom are done, but if it's like the Liberty, it will be fantastic! We've been on the Destiny, which was made over into the Sunshine. I've read more than a few complaints about the Sunshine, but I'll reserve judgement until we sail on it. Up next for us is the Breeze, which has become one of the most popular ships in the fleet, based on everything I've read. Here's what I would do. Write down the name of each ship on a piece of paper, list each ship's amenities, the itinerary for each, and the cost. Then get as much of the family together as possible and discuss it together. Take a vote, and let the majority decide.;)

We went on the Liberty as well, not too long ago really. Josh was our CD. the conquest class ship is a favorite for sure. Not too big, not too small. I am seeing pictures of the bloggers cruise on the social media thing.. and have heard mixed reviews but I believe a cruise is what you make it, not what someone makes for you.

I like your idea about the pieces of paper but we live all over the country so we might have to do it on skype or something, but it would sure take a lot of pressure off me trying to set this all up.

There is also a huge price difference in the Breeze and Freedom..and that might come into play as well

ARGH!!!:confused:

We went on the Liberty as well, not too long ago really. Josh was our CD. the conquest class ship is a favorite for sure. Not too big, not too small. I am seeing pictures of the bloggers cruise on the social media thing.. and have heard mixed reviews but I believe a cruise is what you make it, not what someone makes for you.

I like your idea about the pieces of paper but we live all over the country so we might have to do it on skype or something, but it would sure take a lot of pressure off me trying to set this all up.

There is also a huge price difference in the Breeze and Freedom..and that might come into play as well

ARGH!!!:confused:

You could always put the information in an email and send it to everyone and have them reply back with their choice and comments. You could then put together all the votes and comments. With a large group of people it is going to be hard to please everyone so you will have to go with the majority.

Have you considered the Pride out of Tampa?? Tampa is always a reasonable air purchase for us, love Tampa port, Ybor district & Channelside, Pride will be upgraded & tampa ships always seem to be cheaper! Just throwing it out there!! Happy planning!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Breeze sounds fabulous.. I did find an itinerary that had some similar ports of call on the Freedom Feb 7th 2015 cruise, but I heard it was getting updated.What kind of updates is it getting and would it conflict with Feb's cruises?

Carnival has already changed Freedom's upgrade schedule twice and supposedly will announce another upgrade schedule next week along with the list of upgrades to be performed. As of right now, it seems the dry dock will occur April/May 2014.

Sunshine underwent the most extensive upgrades Carnival has done. I sailed Sunshine over New Year's and loved it.

I would also suggest you know where you want to go out of, this spring break we went with the Dream since I didn't want to do an 8 day for the kids' first cruise. After working through the logistics of getting the fights with prices, getting to the port I decided that it would be much easier to have gone with the Breeze since we went on the Freedom and it was much easier to cruise out of Ft. Lauderdale area :)

Oh well next trip will be on the Breeze ;)

Edited by cruisecraze96

Haha...February must be family cruise month. We are doing one too, but I just found the cruise I liked best and then told the family. If you want to join us, GREAT. :D:eek:

Ps, we are looking at Dream out of New Orleans. Should be a little cheaper to fly to than FL.

Edited by 2 cruzen