Isle Pasion

laxxcoach

We just got back from a 5 day cruise to Cozumel and Grand Caymen. In Cozumel the ship offered an excursion to Isle Pasion or Passion Island. This was the worst excursion we have ever taken. It was a 5 hour excursion, but the ride to the island was 45 to 50 min each way so you only had about 3 hours on the island. Some people came by the Twister speed boat and I am not sure how long their trip was but I know some people said it was fun but they got wet on the trip. The island had a very limited buffet and I guess that they have 2 places they serve from but only cook at one of them and at the one we were at (not the one they cook at) they kept running out of food. They had guacamole, pico de gallo, nacho chips, salad, a rice dish, BBQ chicken, spaghetti, fries and chicken nuggets. I would have hoped for something a bit more mexican. The "beach chairs" where a molded thing that would kind of recline but there was no way to lie on your stomach if you wanted to get sun on your back. Would not recommend this as a place to go.

We just got back from a 5 day cruise to Cozumel and Grand Caymen. In Cozumel the ship offered an excursion to Isle Pasion or Passion Island. This was the worst excursion we have ever taken. It was a 5 hour excursion, but the ride to the island was 45 to 50 min each way so you only had about 3 hours on the island. Some people came by the Twister speed boat and I am not sure how long their trip was but I know some people said it was fun but they got wet on the trip. The island had a very limited buffet and I guess that they have 2 places they serve from but only cook at one of them and at the one we were at (not the one they cook at) they kept running out of food. They had guacamole, pico de gallo, nacho chips, salad, a rice dish, BBQ chicken, spaghetti, fries and chicken nuggets. I would have hoped for something a bit more mexican. The "beach chairs" where a molded thing that would kind of recline but there was no way to lie on your stomach if you wanted to get sun on your back. Would not recommend this as a place to go.

Thanks for the info. We were trying to decide whether or not to take this excursion in June but have not heard anything very good about it. Your review has pretty much convinced me against it.

I guess you get different opinions, but we have been there twice and thought it was great..We did the power cat thing through the ship and enjoyed the 45 min boat ride both times...We thought the food was good both times. Just my opinion..It is a beautiful place..

SANY2026.jpg

screenshot capture[/url

SANY2023.jpg

free image hosting

SANY1709.jpg

image upload

It does look beautiful. Our biggest fear was the kids (quite a few teenagers) would get bored without all the water toys and stuff. And I've heard opinions on both sides, many great and some not so great. We just thought after more research Mr Sancho's looked like it might fit our group better. Thank for the great pictures!!!

Enjoy your cruise. You will like Mr Sancho's..:)

It does look beautiful. Our biggest fear was the kids (quite a few teenagers) would get bored without all the water toys and stuff. And I've heard opinions on both sides, many great and some not so great. We just thought after more research Mr Sancho's looked like it might fit our group better. Thank for the great pictures!!!

We also totally loved Passion Island and had a wonderful time there.

Next time in Cozumel, it will certainly be Passion Inland for us! :)

LuLu

~~~~

How did you get to the island? Where did the leave from and did you take this excursion through a ship excursion or privately?

We took our excursion thru Princess ... the one that takes you to Passion Island by tour boat, not the Twister one.

I know for sure Carnival offers this because a Carnival tour came in after we did (but left later than we did) and was taken to an area farther up the beach from us. Each area had its own open bar, lunch buffet, chairs, etc.

We had a wonderful day. :)

LuLu

~~~~