C-Pap Machine

greytdaddy

We are cruising on the Breeze and the Conquest in May. I now require a c-pap machine when I go to bed at night. This machine requires distilled water to operate. Does anyone know if distilled water is available on these ships? Thanks for any information.

Greytdaddy

We are cruising on the Breeze and the Conquest in May. I now require a c-pap machine when I go to bed at night. This machine requires distilled water to operate. Does anyone know if distilled water is available on these ships? Thanks for any information.

Greytdaddy

There is a form to send to Carnival to request distilled water. I believe it is called the Special Needs Form available from your travel agent or directly from Carnival. Distilled water is $3. Bring your own extension cord and surge protector.

Added: Make that the Special Requirements Information Form.

Edited by Grannycb

Greytdaddy

Someone posted, a couple weeks ago maybe, that they had asked the steward and was able to get some. I have no personal experience, though.

I think it's available for a couple of dollars.

I use a CPAP too, and rather than worrying about distilled water for the week I am on a cruise, I just use the tap water. I clean the water chamber with white vinegar when I get home to demineralize it and it has not been an issue. Any residue that collects during that week is not enough to hurt the machine.

Most of the water that you get from the tap is made onboard anyway through distillation, the only minerals that would be in it would be trace amounts from the onboard water distribution system.

I emailed Carnival for same question on my upcoming Freedom trip. They replied that I should bring my own extension cord and distilled water can be obtained from housekeeping for $3.

Edited by LKYGSR

Most of the water that you get from the tap is made onboard anyway through distillation, the only minerals that would be in it would be trace amounts from the onboard water distribution system.

Not accurate. Most of the water produced onboard is made utilizing the reverse osmosis (RO) process.

Did you have to request the distilled water in advance' date=' or could you request it once on board?[/quote']

The email resonse did not specify. I assume, on board. I also noticed that in my traveler profile of my booking the medical advisory "other" is now checked. So I assume they may have placed a note in my booking, perhaps.

I plan to ask Steward when I board if he/she can help me with the distilled water, and of course provide a few bucks tip if successful :)

Greytdaddy

I don't think it requires distilled water to operate (at least none of the machines that are used by people I know do). The distilled water is to decrease the dryness of the air supplied by the machine. I haven't used water in mine for 2 years and it works just fine.

Hubby uses a CPap also and we buy small bottles of distilled water used for baby formula. He puts one or two in his bag with no problem. Another suggestion is a small roll of duck tape to tape your extension cord down on the carpet. It depends on where the plug is but for us it always seems to be on the other side of the room. We put the tape over it to keep from tripping but also allows steward to just vacuum over it with no problem.