Cabin booking confirmation

Did anyone else read the line in the A-Z which said "once online check in is available we reserve the right to charge a fee for airport check in.":eek::eek:

Surely that is taking the biscuit!

It gets worse. I've just booked some National Express coach tickets and had to pay a £1 booking fee for entering in all the info online myself, pay automatically by card via my bank, print off the ticket using my printer and my ink - and pay them £1!!!!!!!!! For what? What has National Express done towards the process except send me an email? At least I didn't ask for a e-mobile ticket or that would have cost me an extra 50p! Outrageous! Not the amount of money involved but the principle! :mad:

They're all tarred with the same brush! Having said that though I've just heard that we have gone up three cabin categories with our Celebrity booking, was able to choose our plane seats for nothing and will have a free safe. I guess we will begin to accrue some loyalty points too. :rolleyes:

WOW!! THREE cabin upgrades........by the time you go you'll be driving the ship with the captain. :rolleyes::D

I wish. :D And rest assured I'll be drawing comparisons from the Capt down! Watch out Celebrity you have a Thomson spy on board! :eek: :D

yes i noticed that too...i didnt fill it in again (i know i have already done it) i wasnt too sure about the security issues?? ....I dont know if the site gets more secure the further you dig into it??:confused:

I think a message to thoms may be in order

Bit the bullet geo and resubmitted my API this morning whilst pre booking our seats on the plane

Did anyone else read the line in the A-Z which said "once online check in is available we reserve the right to charge a fee for airport check in.":eek::eek:

Surely that is taking the biscuit!

Jet2 charge you for checking in online as well as at the airport, time it was law that it had to be declared in the advertised "from" price,as its not an optional extra, you cant fly without checking in, the only option being online is cheaper. not even Ryanair are pulling such stunts now.

Jet2 charge you for checking in online as well as at the airport, time it was law that it had to be declared in the advertised "from" price,as its not an optional extra, you cant fly without checking in, the only option being online is cheaper. not even Ryanair are pulling such stunts now.

I agree :( I was shocked by this when I made our recent Tenerife flights booking but rather than cutting my nose of to spite my face I booked as they were the cheapest and have an excellent luggage allowance and good leg room. At £303 each the cost of flights is becoming prohibitively expensive, given that food and accommodation costs have to be added to that.

Edited by Little Nell

online checkin has gone live here

https://www.flightextras.thomson.co.uk

the site is not secure? (for some reason) ?? :confused:

but you can enter your 'flight' booking refrence and it will confirm the aircraft seats you are booked into/have been allocated

Still not secure.Pre booked our seats for our flight this morning.My outlook warned me that the confirmation email of seat booking that it might be a phishing message and potentially unsafe and to help protect my privacy Outlook prevented automatic download of some pictures.

Edited by Jim The Scot

I agree :( I was shocked by this when I made our recent Tenerife flights booking but rather than cutting my nose of to spite my face I booked as they were the cheapest and have an excellent luggage allowance and good leg room. At £303 each the cost of flights is becoming prohibitively expensive, given that food and accommodation costs have to be added to that.

the luggage allowance at 22kg is better than some BUT at £25 its no great bargain

thoms pre travel webcontact here (if anyone else is interested)

http://www.thomson.co.uk/editorial/send-us-an-email-preTravelBooking.html

there is also a (non premium) phone number for pre travel issues

0871 231 4691 5p per minute duno how long they may keep you on hold tho

Thanks for that geomagot. I emailed them last night and received confirmation of our cabin number this afternoon.:)