San Juan Booze other shopping

klaner64

Does anyone know the name/location of a good duty free liquor store in Old San Juan? Do you know where I can download a shopping map of the area for other shopping (jewelry, souvenirs, etc.)

Are you sailing on Carnival? If so, there is a duty free liquor store right where you get on the ship.

Thanks for the info. Yes we would be sailing on Carnival. It is my understanding that they dock by old San Juan. Do you know if that is right?

Yes, they dock right across the street from the Sheraton Old San Juan. Very easy to buy our water/soda at the CVS across the street and bring it right over to the shop on your way back from sight seeing before the ship leaves.

I guessing your on the Valor? I was just on her in January and loved it. Great ship and a wonderful itinerary. Would definately love to visit those islands again.

We were just in Old San Juan on board the Norwegian Gem & we docked in the same area. Unfortunately, the only duty free shopping in all of San Juan is in the building right next to the ship. All the main shops in Old San Juan charged sales tax on anything you bought:( My wife waited to buy her jewelry but the duty free shop had good deals on liquor:) Sorry I don't have any maps of the downtown shopping area.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I'm not sure when it changed but it was better to shop in St. Thomas or St. Martin on our cruise on the NCL Gem. Both islands had plenty of duty free shopping.

If you want some liquor tho, the duty free store at the pier in Old San Juan had some deals that were way better than even St. Thomas had to offer.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app