Royal Caribbean Makes Me Proud

HokieVT10

I just wanted to share this article! Today Royal Caribbean announced they are the first certified "Autism Friendly Cruise Line",...as the mother of an amazing autistic 4yr old little boy it really warmed my heart to know that Royal Caribbean cares enough to go the extra step to ensure that cruise vacations can be enjoyed by all including those with non-visible disabilities. My son has been cruising with autism since he was 6months old and they are something he truly enjoys. I am proud to be loyal to Royal and am even more excited to be on the Oasis in May with my son :D !!

http://www.usatoday.com/story/cruiselog/2014/02/20/autistic-child-autism-friendly-cruise/5640629/

I have only used Autism on the Seas once, but they are a wonderful addition to the autism support community, and I do recommend them for first time cruisers. I have not cruised with my son on RCI, however it is nice to know that if I ever want to, that AotS will be there as an advocate, and that RCI is open to our needs.

That said, we have cruised with our 10yo son who does have autism a total of 15 times on Carnival and once on HAL, and we have had wonderful experiences, above and beyond anything we could ever expect. Carnival never fails to impress me with their williness to give us an awesome experience.